I have to say...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I love TSC in the states. :D I went to visit my sis in law today in Sarnia, so we hpped the border into Port Huron and went to TSC.OMGoodness!!!!! The Canadian version pales in comparison. So wht I got was--calf manna. I think I will out this into the freezer for when I might need it--can't get it in Canada. I got nutridrench for goats and sheep, how should I store this? I bought it for a just in case during birthing season. I bought dewroming pellets for my goat, that does not affect the milk. I almost bought the CDT vaccine, but it needed to be refrigerated, and we were gonna be a bit, so that will be next time. I got some other stuff for my critters that I can't get over here, and I have to go back to get frontline for my dogs. It totally amazes me what you can get over there that you can't get here. AND, our dollar is worth more than yours right now, so that is a bonus!!

When I go again, what else should I get for my first aid/doctoring supplies?? We are totally limited here. I was like a kid in a candy store, and the young man who helped us was fantastic!! It helps that they know about animals, and he loved his goats and rabbits. so Chris at TSC in Port Huron, you were a great help today!!!!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did you run into lots of construction when you crossed over to Port Huron? You can thank my hubby and his work mates for that! :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Did you run into lots of construction when you crossed over to Port Huron? You can thank my hubby and his work mates for that! :p
On the Canadian side there was a bit, but not really bad. Not so much in Port Huron. However, it took about 40 minutes to cross the bridge and sil was running on fumes so she could fill up in the states. It got a little nervewracking toward the end, but we made it tot he gas station.

Where are you located SSD?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Where are you located SSD?
My son and I 'hold down the fort' down by Jackson, MI (middle of the bottom of the palm, for those in the know). Hubby is, at present, rebuilding a portion of the connector to the secondary Int'l bridge just outside Port Huron. He is usually never anywhere more than a few months, but that job will keep him there through 2012. He wanted the DS and I to visit, but advised me to bring our birth certificates- if we missed the work exit(which I am frequently prone to do), it was next stop, Canada!

P.S. I love TSC! Always knowledgeable people there, and never get miffed/are willing to help me save money when I say "I can't afford to go all out on this"!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
At one point n our travels over there, we encountered road crews builing a new road, but it didn't interfere with our driving. would that have been his crew?

And yes, passports are necessary to cross the border. While we were in line to pay the toll at the bridge, there were border patrol inspecting random cars on OUR side of the border,

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That was probably them. They must build a "temporary" bridge, in order to tear down and rebuild the existing one. Thought they may still be diverting traffic, which he said was clogging up the works for miles. If you saw a REALLY good looking guy, LOADED with muscles, with a rather grumpy look on his face- you saw my DH!:lol: