I Love Baker Creek Seeds

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My Baker Creek black cherry tomatoes were looking kind of weird. They weren't round..they looked more like little romas. Also the tops stayed green while the rest of the tomato turned dark red. I waited to see if they would ripen, but the green never went away. It finally dawned on me that I may have the wrong tomato variety. Sure enough, I got Russian Black Plum tomatoes instead of Black Cherry. It happened to other people to according to comments on their website.

When I contacted Baker Creek, they were apologetic and offered to refund my money or send me replacement seeds. Since their Black Cherry tomatoes are off the market until next year, I have some Riesentraube tomatoes coming to me in the mail as a replacement.

Goofs happen and I am just happy my tomatoes didn't have some kind of weird disease. Customer service was helpful and took care of the problem right away :D

If anyone is thinking of ordering black plum tomatoes, they do have good flavor and they are VERY prolific. They have a deep tomato flavor with a tangy bite. Not what I wanted, but these are very good. I am going to try drying some to see how they turn out.

P.S. The rest of my order was perfect and I got good germination from all my other seeds.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I couldn't possibly agree more. We absolutely love their seeds. The only time we have had poor germination was our own fault. In several orders now, all were perfectly correct and they send me free seeds too :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have the Riesentraube and the Sausage(yellow Romma looking thing) growing. Looking good so far. I got a late start though. All of my beets from them were wonderful.

The problem I have is some of the plants I am growing I am unfamiliar with. Like the Lebaneese squash. I had no idea when to pick them. Right now I have a squash patch about 30 x 30 ft wide and I have no idea what they are. :idunno

Wifey, you mentioned the ground cherries on OFG's thread. Have you grown them before? How do I know when their ready?

gina

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Gina, this is my first year growing them. I geeked around on a few forums and found out they are not ripe until they fall off the vine and on to the ground on their own and have even better flavor if you let them sit a couple of days after they fall.