I made sloppy joes!!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, this may not seem like a huge achievement but I had my surgery December 21st and between complications requiring more hospitalization and complications that require a nurse to come here and feed me by tube I STILL haven't been able to do any of my usual housewifely duties. This is very depressing for me as I enjoy taking care of my family....unless we're talking about putting away laundry.....
So yesterday my little girl comes to me and says "Mommy are you ever going to cook again?" "Yes my baby, Mommy's still sick but I will be better someday and I will surely cook for you then." Little baby girl was so relieved. She says "Oh good! 'Cause I really like sloppy joes and the school make them BAD."
So, I'm a little dizzy and nauseated from standing that long but by golly I have a big ol' pan of sloppy joes simmering in the kitchen!!!! I think I'm feeling better already!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
No one should ever under estimate the love of a mother for her child. A pan of sloppy joes may not seem like a big achievement to someone else, but for your DD, you just became Super Mom.

:hugs

Hope your recovery speeds up and that you're back to making sloppy joes on a regular basis! :)

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
That's awesome Farmerlor! I wish you a speedy recovery and a laundry fairy to put away the clean stuff! :)
Thanks guys. Luckily, I have a wondrous husband and 12 and 14 year old daughters who have really, really been taking care of everything for me. But just being able to do this one simple thing for little Annie has really made me feel better. And she wasn't kidding about loving my sloppy joes. Girl ate one whole hamburger bun with joe and cheese and then had a bowl of just the meat!

Latest posts