I need a good sugar cookie recipe

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
go to www.recipegoldmine.com for brand name recipes or www.cooks.com for user enterd recipes both sites are full of recipes but the goldmine site has brand name recipes, resturant recipes, its my favorite.

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
firem3: the recipe goldmine website is terrific.We eat alot of meatless as well as tofu recipes and there were so many on there especially the tofu section that I do not have just yet. I am going to run copies for my recipe looseleaf binder as soon as I get a new printer.,Santa you hear that?!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is a great and SIMPLE recipe for sugar cookies. ;)

AMISH SUGAR COOKIES

4 1/2 cups of All-Purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cream of tarter
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of (2 sticks) of butter, softened
1 cup of oil
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of confectioners sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
colored sugar, for coating

1. Sift the flour, salt, cream of tarter, and baking soda into a medium bowl and set aside.

2. Beat the butter, oil, and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, then add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.

3. Gather the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.

4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

5. With floured hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a chilled glass dipped in color sugar. Sprinkle with the colored sugar.

6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.

7. Let stand for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

ENJOY!!!

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Martha Stewart (I know , I know) has a new cookie book out with great recipes! My local library has it. It has recipes for various types of sugar cookies, depending on how you want them. I think it's just called "Cookies". The chocolate gingerbread cookies in it are the BEST cookies I have ever made.