I need a recipe for pickling peppers

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, this is a little OT, but how do you process the jars???

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I saw this post in the unanswered post thread and decided to try and answer it. But I did not have time to look for a recipe. I figured someone would come along with one, :D
You should be able to process the jars with the water bath method. And QA, you do not need a special pot to do that in either. The pot you do use needs to allow 1" of water over the tops of the jars. Do not let the jars touch the sides, bottom or each other when you put them in the pot. :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Since I am pretty new to canning, I like to play it safe and go with tried and true recipes :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
There's no food safety issue -- it's pickling. You use vinegar. It's safe, period :) And personally I think they taste best unseasoned, so, no recipe as such.

You process jars of pickled peppers exactly the same as you'd process anything else (jelly, pickles, fruit) in a water bath canner. If you've done it before, it's identical for this; if not, I recommend a good canning book to walk you through it, or there are probably useful directions on the web.

Honest, it is dead easy :)

Pat

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks Pat, I have done water bath canning. I notice that your *recipe* has sugar and the other one posted by me&thegals, does not. I am guessing that yours have a hint of sweet to them> Like bread & butter pickles, except spicy?