I picked up three wallpaper sample books...UPDATE PICS: what I did :)

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The wallpaper store was getting rid of books of wallpaper samples , like the kind you borrow and take home. They are all dicontinued patterns so I fugured I could do something with them.
I have thought about placemats and bookcovers.
Any other crafty ideas?? There is an assortment of textures, sizes and patterns.

ETA:
92_100_2802.jpg

[/img]

92_100_2803.jpg
[/img]

Hope you get the idea.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Make a wallpaper crazy quilt on one of your walls, as art? ;) I know a fella who took ceramic tile samples and carefully cut them into quilt patterns and created a lovely quilt on the kitchen floor.

Line shelves and drawers with them?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
This site always has something interesting on it. You might find wallpaper in there. My sil sent me a 4' long 3' high box of her wallpaper left overs... The ones that were full rolls, we sold. But we donated the small pieces and rolls to the church and the kids are using them for arts n crafts - colorful valentines, collage picture mats and frames for parents, and the like. One of my friends decorated one wall of her nursery with a collage of wallpapers in bright colors; sure brightened up the room and the kids loved it.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=78a0efc64f32cdbbf100fc496cb2ccd9;www

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
greeting cards
or name tags for presents

I love wallpaper samples, the patterns etc. are so cool!! So many choices in those books!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
If you have kids or know someone who does, they are great for kids craft projects (cards, collages, all sorts of things) and especially for decorating the inside of a dollhouse. Take some cardboard boxes, assemble in dollhouse configuration, decorate with wallpaper samples, voila :)

Pat

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wall paper for the inside of a doll house.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Doilies to fit plates or 3 tiered tea services.
Origami.
Gift bags.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Get inexpensive frames and coordinating matts and hang them up in groups of 3. Like over a bed, mantle, etc.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Make a collage

growthinfushionlr4qf.jpg

framedrummerlr7eq.jpg

These use curtain fabric sample books. Same concept, different material.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Did you make those, Wifezilla? Holy cow!

My parents had a decorating store, and I still have a few sample books that I go into for projects. Once you have them for a while, all kinds of ideas will come to you. You might want to get a small tube of the vinyl paste if they are vinyl, regular glue doesn't always work.

I made lots and lots of envelopes using a basic pattern from a commercial one. I would address it with a sharpie, though.

I covered tons of coffee cans and made my pantry storage very pretty. Lots of compliments, and I made some for others, too. Makes a great gift tin for giving cookies, etc. I don't even drink coffee, either.

Book covers, yes. Also you can make folders for projects, for coupons, for receipts....anything you need to organize and want it to be pretty.

Last summer's yard party I made the switch to NO disposables....we used glassware. I made butterfly cutouts that slipped over straws and used a sharpie to write everyone's names on them. Ooops, guess the straws were plastic and disposable. Oh, well, our impact was still minimal! They can also go on bamboo skewers! Flowers would work, too.

Gift tags.

Sturdy boxes were covered and used to organize drawers and cupboards....oh, yeah, and shelf liners and drawer liners, too, although I quickly switched to using the flooring samples for forever liners!

A sturdy shoebox was covered and filled with cleaning supplies as an apartment warming gift for a young man going into his first apartment, a friend's son.

Paper beads! A friend took some books home and made wonderful paper beads that looked like ceramic! You make a long strip of paper, maybe start with 6-8 inches by 1/2 inch to get an idea...wrap it tightly around a piece of wire such as coat hanger, gluing as you go. For oval beads, have it be somewhat triangular in shape, going from 1/2 inch down to 1/8 inch. Once you make a couple, you will see what your measurements need to be.

When they are thoroughly dry, coat them with shellac or such, until nice and glossy for a ceramic look. Or use a matte finish, the possibilties are endless.

Yes, I have matted photos and drawings with it, too. If you scrapbook, more possibilities.

That should get your creative juices flowing! Have fun!