I put in my notice today at work :s

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I think you can't sleep because you regret telling him you would stay on part time because you were ready to make a complete change in your life and you took that major huge step and told him you are quitting and now you are not! You have a million things on your OWN to do list and working part time is going to get in the way of all of that! Jusy my opinion! I am sure you will do what is right for you!:D
Well, it IS going to get in the way!!! :barnie You are so right about that.

I'm try to make decisions that don't depend on instant gratification. I believe it's good practice. LOL And I keep asking myself what difference a few months is going to make in the grand scheme of things and the answer is "most likely, no difference what so ever!"

But still, I got myself so worked up and really had to twist up the nerve to tell them I was leaving to start with.

PLUS they are starting to tell other people who are giving me a hard time about it (albeit in fun.) I try to be a good sport when I know people don't mean any harm, but it does put pressure on me. Especially when it is EVERYBODY. You know how it is when you make a big decision in your life (like to get married or get pregnant or whatever) and for a couple of months after that, it's like everyone you see has to make a HUGE issue out of it. ... *sigh* I've always hated that. I KNEW this was going to happen which was the main reason it was so hard to break the news in the first place...

So, on new year's eve, the young bosses wife texted me for half an hour about how she hoped we could work out something so I could stay on part time because Mr. P (her husband) was just sick about it.

Then, the old bosses wife called and talked to me at the office and was very sweet about it.

Then, yesterday, the old bosses sister in law came by and said, (very pointedly) "I heard YOUR news" I just nodded. And she says, "They finally find someone who can put up with them..." and I replied, "Well, it HAS been a chore." And she chuckled.

Then, their accountant/friend who hangs out at the office all the time and taught me how to do payroll when I first started working there came in today and said, "I heard you were quittin'. Girl! Your name is mud around here!" and we all got a laugh about it. Then he came back later to drop off some stuff and I was the only person at the office and he ... HE ... started asking me if I wouldn't change my mind. And I ended up trying to explain myself to him even though it's none of his business.

So, it's been like EVERY SINGLE DAY I have to renew my resolve and strengthen myself against the pressure to stay on. I know they aren't trying to drive me off the deep end, but they are. LOL So so so many times I think it would have been SO much easier to just give them two weeks notice and LEAVE. But... I couldn't do it to them. It's my fault they are so spoiled (they had been without a secretary for months before I got there) and my responsibility to set them off right before I go.

:th

Cassandra

jackiedon

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Cassandra,

I know it's hard. I have to tell you after I quit everyday I got this feeling "Yes, this IS what the Lord wants me to do"

Good luck.

jackie