Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOLOL

Well, I do call my ducks my "fluffy kids". Guess I called that one right :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what's gonna happen when my brahmas and my runners start laying! I'll have eggs all over the yard! :lol:

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Every day will be like Easter!

Oh..this morning...3 eggs again. 1 in the igloo, 2 laying randomly in the pen and Shelley, one of my WH girls...doing some weird freaking squat thing. I thought "Wow! She is going to lay too!"

But stupid me opened the pen and she stopped and booked out the door to the pond. So now I need to check the bottom of the pond for eggs!!!
:rant

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Hee hee hee....

I did clean the pond today. No eggs....but somehow those nutty ducks managed to put a metal strainer, a garden spade and some wood screws in the bottom of the pond!!!!

RLAZ

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We built our chickens an awsome coop, yet they still prefer to sleep outside. Animals tend to do that a lot. :p

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My hens seem to really like their nest boxes even when they are free ranging they always go there to lay.

266_an_inside_view_of_the_nest_box_-_5.jpg

266_city_biddy_hen_house_nest_-_10.jpg

I think it is because they are dark and secret.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I find eggs all over the place. Favorite place for FLopsy and Daisy is the garage - I put a nest box in there and they're happy.

I found a lovely green egg the other day slap bang in the middle of the horse run, the horse came over to greet me and I was in a flat panic to get the egg out before she stepped on it...

(Yes I saved the egg, hooked it out with a stick, put it on the ground and turned to go into the coop and the dog ate it)