I think there's a slacker in the henhouse...

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
;) FYI, this post is for amusement purposes, I am not concerned about the state of my girls, and do not need advice. Oh wait, this isn't BYC :lol:

So 2 days in a row I have found these thimble sized perfect little "fart" eggs. We have gotten smaller than usual eggs before, but this takes the prize. It's been a slow week here, so you have no idea how amusing these are to me. Weird how the color is so different between them.
Tomorrow I'm going to make breakfast for DH with them :lol:

992_142.jpg

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

:gig I got a couple just like that a few weeks back. Cute as heck, ain't they?
I told my hens that whoever laid that, better knock it off or else they'd find themselves in "The Pot". That warning musta' worked, ever egg since then has been normal! :lol:

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW!!!

One of my 9 month old hens is a slacker too...she only lays a couple of eggs a week. But since the girls all look alike, I can't have a stern talk with whomever it is!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
time to get out the clip board, ladies! need to keep the troops in shape. go out there with a big pot and say:

"OK who's tiny egg is THIS! we dont have room in this organization for tiny eggs!"

then shake the pot menacingly and they'll get the hint!

HA! hows that for non-BYC advice! oh wait... but first let me run right out and call the ASPCA on you - clearly you are abusing those hens!

HA!

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
time to get out the clip board, ladies! need to keep the troops in shape. go out there with a big pot and say:

"OK who's tiny egg is THIS! we dont have room in this organization for tiny eggs!"

then shake the pot menacingly and they'll get the hint!

HA! hows that for non-BYC advice! oh wait... but first let me run right out and call the ASPCA on you - clearly you are abusing those hens!

HA!
:lol: :gig

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would pull out the clipboard, but just like I say to my kids "it's a good thing they are cute!" (but in this case it's the eggs, not the hens)

Seriously, they are like novelty items. If I got a whole dozen I bet I could sell them :gig Maybe market them as "diet" eggs.

When life hands you tiny eggs, make tiny omeletes? :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee hee and i bet you could!

i love to pawn off the little eggs to folks with kids and tell them they are kid-sized eggs

:)

good thing they ARE cute! (hens and eggs)

Latest posts