Ideas for Asthma

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would also like to add that you should be drinking plenty of good water (Not city water-which contains chlorine and fluoride, among many other things). If your body is getting enough water, it will reduce inflammation.

Avoid inflammatory foods like Sugar, High Omega 6 foods (like fast food), and processed foods. Also, see how you react after eating Nightshade veggies (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, and potatoes). Those might be inflammatory to your body as well.

Anti-inflammatory foods include flax seed oils, Nuts, Leafy greens, and berries.

Also-even in unscented fabric softener sheets-there is tallow-which can still disrupt your hormones (Excess hormones-in any animal-are most often stored in the fat-or tallow-). I am very sensitive to that sort of stuff, and I use nothing but vinegar as my fabric softener.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are on city water. I boil it before I drink it. That helped a lot with all sorts of things, including making the Crohn's a whole lot better.

I take a bath every morning. My husband runs it for me early in the morning (since I can't do it right now). We let the water sit for about an hour or so, then just top off with a bit of hot. That seems to get most of the chlorine out, it doesn't smell as much or give my skin fits.

I also put epsom salts in the water, which helps relax muscle tissues, including lung tissue.

I've got most of it under control now, except for occasional fits at night, from the filter in my CPAP machine. Haven't figured out what to do about that, since it is the plastic and filter material that is doing it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Coffee actually really helps asthma attacks. Not sure if you want to drink coffee during pregancy...some people avoid it, but it does have good medicinal value when it comes to lungs.
Turnips are also known to biuld lung strength and clear the lungs.