Ideas for homemade table favors, please?

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to make table favors for an event. The theme is western.

I'm told my budget is only $2 per favor. I'm told people like keepsake favors best but store bought stuff is too expensive. I'll need to make the favors to have any hope of staying within budget.

Does anyone have ANY ideas of what I could make?

Right now I feel like :barnie so I'd appreciate any kind of help. Thank you.

mom2bbjandag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Do you have access to cloth feedsacks and hay strings? I'm thinking of flower seeds in a little feedsack packet tied with the hay strings, arranged cute on a bed of straw.

I'm not great with coming up with ideas, only duplicating others'... flannel, leather pieces...

If all else fails, can you go to Dollar General and buy a few packages of the $1 toy gun sets, then use the badge, gun, holster, maybe spur, etc. and do each centerpiece a bit different, using a part of the purchased item, not the whole package (save $$$)

I'm sure others will have fantastic ideas!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
What is the event and how many do you need? I went to a wedding (lady farrier) and the favors were real tiny pony horseshoes that they brassed (OK, complicated if you don't have a forge! You could skip the brassing!) and hand-painted the bride and groom's names and date on each one. They were so cute. You can also glue a pic in each one with the shoe as a frame.

I like the feedsack idea. You can buy brown burlap by the yard and make little sacks and fill them with candy, tie them up with baling twine as mom2b said. Maybe stencil the word "FEED" on each one.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe use bandannas for folding into flowers or bows to accent candles.

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The event is the American Fuzzy Lop & Jersey Wooly National shows (ARBA recognized rabbit breeds) in Reno, NV. The favors are for a combined awards banquet. Center pieces will be done by someone else.

My idea for awards were actually horseshoes with trophy labels on them :) but my hosting charter club went with quilts. They'll be nice, too.

I really like the sack idea. Super cute. :) I seriously considered that and looked into it but ultimately decided to go with something else - custom breed logo labeled, metal tins filled with candy. I can make those at home for a great price.

Thank you for the link, Denim Deb. :) I'm also in charge of our breed booth so I ordered the barbed wire and the big, ranch entrance sign from Oriental Trading. I also plan on bringing a wagon wheel - either antique or a new, store bought one.

Thanks, all. I really appreciate your help. :)