If we ate the way nutritionists want...

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
If we ate the way nutritionists want us to eat, our hair would be falling out, our teeth would be falling out and our skin would be drying up. Julia Child

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
If we ate the way nutritionists want us to eat, our hair would be falling out, our teeth would be falling out and our skin would be drying up. Julia Child
hmmm

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I was battling breast cancer, I went to a lunch/support meeting at the hospital. Meal was arranged by hospital nutritionist. I just stood there and looked at the selection of sandwiches- not one of which offered wheat bread. Really?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My husband is in the hospital right now. He can't believe what they are trying to pass off as healthy food.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I DID eat the way nutritionists want you to. I ended up obese and prediabetic.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Not to mention hygiene......, since I stopped using shampoo about 2 years ago, my hair stopped turning grey and is actually reversing....!!!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wha...???? Seriously, Denise? :ep

I'm reading Pottenger's Cats and Nutrition and Physical Degeneration right now and although I already am quite familiar with the concepts of the books, I am still flabbergasted that they were written so long ago and yet the information was so ignored. :th

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Not to mention hygiene......, since I stopped using shampoo about 2 years ago, my hair stopped turning grey and is actually reversing....!!!!!
I'll chime in on that one Denise! The meds they gave me for my arthritis, among other horrible side effects, caused me to lose about 2/3 of my hair. According to the doctor that would be a permanent loss. I quit taking the medicine and about the same time quit using commercial shampoo. I just use my homemade olive oil Castile soap shampoo now.

My hair has all grown back thicker than ever AND it is far healthier than it has never been - no split ends! My scalp is healthy as well, with no flakes, no dryness - great!

We are not even going to consider the money that I have saved while getting healthier. :D

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
FarmerDenise said:
I'll chime in on that one Denise! The meds they gave me for my arthritis, among other horrible side effects, caused me to lose about 2/3 of my hair. According to the doctor that would be a permanent loss. I quit taking the medicine and about the same time quit using commercial shampoo. I just use my homemade olive oil Castile soap shampoo now.

My hair has all grown back thicker than ever AND it is far healthier than it has never been - no split ends! My scalp is healthy as well, with no flakes, no dryness - great!

We are not even going to consider the money that I have saved while getting healthier. :D
I lost my wavy thick hair qualities when I got sick from the gluten stuff. I still haven't gained those back, and I've lost a bit of hair. Will you PLEASE share that formula? I want my hair back and I want a flake free scalp without having to sacrifice my hair for it!