If you free range your flock...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had one go broody under the neighbor's bushes. These eggs were infertile, so I brought some home from the farm, and switched them. I wanted to move her, but didn't have a secure place to put her. And, this was when I was having constant vertigo attacks. I decided about a week b4 they would have hatched to build something but something found the nest and ate all the eggs. And a few weeks later, she was killed by a hawk. :(

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I had one go broody under the neighbor's bushes. These eggs were infertile, so I brought some home from the farm, and switched them. I wanted to move her, but didn't have a secure place to put her. And, this was when I was having constant vertigo attacks. I decided about a week b4 they would have hatched to build something but something found the nest and ate all the eggs. And a few weeks later, she was killed by a hawk. :(
That stinks. I hope I get some sucessful broodies. Thanks for the responses!!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
I just wish I HAD a broody...
I think I have a broody. I left yesturdays eggs in there and the same one has sat for 2 and 1/2 hrs. And I watched lay her egg and then she sat back down and has been since. I m hopeful.