igG Food Sensitivity Tests

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Glad to hear that she is doing better. I feel like I have good days and then BAM one day brings me down and out for a week of just not feeling good.
I get that from inflammatory reactions to foods. A scale can help a lot. If I eat an unsafe food I gain at least 2# and up to 6# in the following 12-18 hours. That inflammation/swelling will persist for 4-6 days after I stop eating offensive foods.

It can be very accurate and help identify foods that dont cause obvious GI symptoms.

However, this method can be skewed by total carbohydrate intake. Carbs increase insulin which retains sodium which holds water. Keep your carb consumption steady.

If you have a problem with carbs/sugars, you might benefit from B1 and magnesium supplements. The more sugars we eat, the more B1 we need. Vitamin enriched foods are generally not sufficient B1 for a high calorie standard american diet. Ask me if you want to know more or get resources/links on the topic.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
bringing this thread back as I have some questions. I need to figure out what is going on with my gut! I had my gallbladder out 16 months ago and thought that the problems would end but they haven't. So now I need to figure out what is going on. I have had numerous tests done and they can't find anything beyond a moderate case of gastritis. So if I start the elimination diet, how do I do this? What can I eat? Where do I start? I feel like I have tried in the past to eliminate stuff, but I don't start at square one. My weakness is anything sweet, so I try not to keep anything in the house, but with kids it is hard especially when the 16 year old likes to bake :) Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Have you been taking ox bile or enzymes with food?