I'm a Witch!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently I'm a witch. I didn't know it. Not sure how it happened. But, I've been accused of Bee-ing too nice, a stalker, a satan worshiper and now a witch. Who knew? So, I was forced to do some research. Turns out the first thing I learned is that witches generally aren't called witches anymore. They're called Wiccans.

On the surface this looks to have nothing to do with SS - but I actually believe there are parallels. Good parallels of course. According to my research Wiccans don't believe in doing harm. Wiccans love nature. SS'ers love nature too.

There are no hard rules other than to bring positive energy into the world, respect the law of karma... honor and respect our beautiful planet...(like SS'ers do) and appreciate all it has to offer. Most of all, send out, and encourage love. What's wrong with any of that?

Oh, turns out I dance naked in the woods during the summer solstice! OMG!! Can somebody tell me when the next summer solstice is so I can hit the gym in plenty of time? :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Jeannie could wiggle her nose and make things happen -- do you have those skills??? Sure would help weeding the garden! 😁

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jeannie could wiggle her nose and make things happen -- do you have those skills??? Sure would help weeding the garden! 😁
Actually, Jeanie just had to nod her head, it was Samantha from Bewitched that wiggled her nose, lol.
;)

Not trying to be a know-it-all, but I just watched both of those shows last weekend as I rested my pulled shoulder muscles and tried to recoup.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After my research I decided NOT to be insulted! I remember a former SS'er who identified as Wiccan. Sweetest person ever. I miss her presence here.

More research: Wicca opposes the use of negative, harmful magic and discourages people from hurting others physically or emotionally, according to "Wicca for Life"

Wish more folks comported themselves this way.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's more:
"Honoring and respecting yourself, your body, other people, plants and animals, the environment — there's nothing weird, crazy, or evil about any of that. At the heart of all beneficial spiritual paths is the message to be good to each other, ourselves, and the world around us."

I think I'm honored to be compared to a "witch." :) (But, I'm still not dancing naked in the woods, lol!)

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When my daughter announced that she was a witch now (15 yrs old at the time), instead of flying off the handle about it, I did some research to find out what she was talking about and make sure she wasn't getting involved in something dangerous. Other than the fact that she turned her back on Jesus, I didn't have a problem with the rest of it. I also found out one of my friends was Wiccan- she taught me a lot about it. One thing she said that I found interesting was "All Gods are One God, All Goddesses are One Goddess. Together, They are The Initiator"

But I still can't accept Allah as part of this...

Latest posts