I'm bored and looking for new recipes.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So can you guys share? I feel like it is mostly the same old thing day in and out. I need new chicken ideas for one and what do you do with ground beef and pork chops?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Got a good Chicken Parmesan recipe? That's always good!

Try my Big Mac Casserole floating around here somewhere for ground beef.

Pork....it's pork, break out the grill and make some fresh barbecue sauce!! :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Chicken tacos and quesadillas are always good. As is grilled chicken salads, chicken fettuccine, homemade chicken sandwiches or nuggets, shredded chicken instead of pork barbecue sandwiches.....so many chicken recipes...drunken chicken, rotisserie chicken....chicken salad sandwiches....

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I remember seeing your big mac casserole, looks yummy. chicken parm sounds good to. I need the confidence to try some new spices or ethnic stuff.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Cumin is good if you haven't tried it, but it is STRONG lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm a garlic, oregano, basil, onion, thyme junkie :D Italian is my favorite!!!!! And then mexican cuisine ;) I love spices!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You asked for chicken, pork and beef.......... :tongue Instead I give you PIE!!! :love

This is one of my favorite pies. I really suck at baking cakes and am not that crazy about them anyway, except for eating the batter. But I can bake a yummy pie!

Lemon Chess Pie is a HEALTH FOOD!! Lemons are FRUIT! Sugar comes from sugar BEETS which are VEGETABLES!! BUTTER is concentrated COW JUICE!! EGGS are full of CHOLINE and are GOOD for you!! FLOUR in the pie shell is GRAIN!! So Lemon Chess Pie is loaded with GRAIN, DAIRY, FRUIT and VEGETABLES, only thing missing is MEAT or FISH. So eat your pie with a good STEAK and you'll be just fine!

Pie Crust
1/2 cup Crisco
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup ice water

Sift flour and salt together. Cut shortening into flour with pastry blender or using 2 knives. Gradually add ice water, a little at a time, using just enough to make it hold together. The less water, the tenderer the pastry. (I must be a miserable failure, because I always have to add MORE water than what the recipe says) Chill for 20 minutes. Knead lightly on a floured surface. Roll thin. Place dough in greased pie plate, pressing out air bubbles. Turn under edges and flute the edge. Makes 2 pie shells or 1 double crust pie.

Lemon Chess Pie

1/2 cup butter Juice of 3 lemons
1 1/2 cup sugar 1 tablespoon of grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon flour 1 pie shell, unbaked (or 2 cheepie frozen pie shells)
5 eggs, well beaten

Cream butter and sugar. Add flour, then well beaten eggs. Add lemon juice and rind. Mix well and pour into pie shell. Bake at 325F for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and set.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yumm, :drool sounds awesome, I love lemon pie.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I made some killer chicken strips a couple weeks ago for company. Take strips of boneless chicken breast, dip in some beaten egg and roll them in panko bread crumbs mixed half/half with grated parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown and serve with marinara sauce. Yummy and oh so easy!

They even have italian flavored panko bread crumbs these days. I find them pretty strongly flavored so I mixed those half/haf with regular panko.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's a few that I have added to my rotation over the past while, hope they help!

Lentil and Bratwurst Stew

4 cups beef broth
2 cups tomato sauce
1.5 cups lentils, rinsed and drained
1 cup beer (didn't have any so I skipped this part but I'm sure it would deepen the flavour)
1 onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 cups sweet potato, diced
1 bay leaf
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt & pepper
12 oz smoked bratwurst, sliced

Cook lentils in broth/tomato sauce mixture along with beer, veggies, and spices till veggies are tender. Season and add sausage, cooking till heated through.
Curried Turkey (or Chicken!) Turnovers

1 lb ground turkey/chicken or cooked shredded turkey/chicken
4 green onions, sliced including white bulb end
1 pint canned tomatoes, broken up
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup raisins (left this out because DD17 doesn't like raisins)
1 heaping tablespoon curry powder (recipe called for 1 tsp but we like our curry)
salt & pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
pie crust dough for double crust pie

Brown turkey with veggies and spiced, add canned tomatoes and simmer gently till liquid is mostly reduced, let cool. Roll pie crust dough out to make two rounds, spoon half of turkey mixture onto HALF of each dough round, fold the other half over and seal the edge with water, crimp with fingers or fork. Wrap each turnover in heavy foil and freeze. To heat and serve: cut a couple of slashes in the top of each turnover, then bake at 375F for about 25 minutes or until turnovers are golden and filling is heated through. Serve with plain yogurt or sour cream and chutney.