I'm confused about diet now more than ever

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok, so thanks to ya'll we have changed how our family eats. THANK YOU!
but, my weight hasn't changed, in fact, I'm a bit heavier now.

I went to raw milk, but usually only drink it in my coffee. I drink coffee in the am with stevia and raw milk. I haven't had a piece of bread, rice or potatoes in .... heavens... I have no idea how long.

I use coconut oil to cook, we eat our free range eggs. My Paleo diet book says not to eat dairy, but we eat cheese alot. It also says not to eat peanut butter. But here I've been told it's good for me. I love frozen berries and raw milk for dessert, but again, my book says no dairy and berries are not good. We only eat real butter and try to eat veggies in all our meals.

I'm ready to just go buy some crappy diet pills to get some weight off.

Really the only thing that everyone agrees is to eat chicken, fish and green veggies. I can't live like that.

I HATE THIS!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Adrenals. No time right now. Fussy baby, but go look up adrenal fatigue :)

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
after briefly looking, I don't think that's it. I feel fine. not tired, just a fatty! :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Okiegirl!! I feel your pain sister. :hugs As you know we do the paleo-ish diet here. :p Go to Mark's daily apple dot com and check it out. It isn't truely paleo, he calls it "primal". I really had a very hard time losing weight until I started to do the primal thing.

Here is what/how we eat:
one serving of fruit a day-usually berries or apples (My daughter gets unlimited fruit when she wants.)

unlimited veggies-raw and cooked

ghee or butter (from pastured cows), bacon drippings, some EVOO (cold pressed)

dairy only in the form of raw milk-no cheeses from the grocery store unless it is the specialty (higher quality) cheese-but we don't do that much

meats (some grass fed etc, some not...all nitrate-free)

no legumes aka beans (includes peanut butter-we use almond butter and sometimes (for a treat) chocolate hazelnut butter that uses evaporated cane juice for sweeteners)

no grains or gluten

soaked and crisped almonds (Nourishing Traditions style)

organic potatoes once a week

chocolate every night :p (Boom Choco Boom bar divided into 1/4's.)

We drink a ton of water and some raw milk.

Check out the adrenal thing too, you have had a stressful last few years! :hugs

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Okiegirl!! I feel your pain sister. :hugs As you know we do the paleo-ish diet here. :p Go to Mark's daily apple dot com and check it out. It isn't truely paleo, he calls it "primal". I really had a very hard time losing weight until I started to do the primal thing.

Here is what/how we eat:
one serving of fruit a day-usually berries or apples (My daughter gets unlimited fruit when she wants.)

dairy only in the form of raw milk-no cheeses from the grocery store unless it is the specialty (higher quality) cheese-but we don't do that much

no legumes aka beans (includes peanut butter-we use almond butter and sometimes (for a treat) chocolate hazelnut butter that uses evaporated cane juice for sweeteners)

no grains or gluten

Have I mentioned I love you?? :love

this sounds like what we are trying, but maybe need to learn how to tweak it to make it better. I'll check out the website. I can drop the cheese, cause I like it, but it's not a deal breaker. I do LOVE peanut butter tho'. I feel guilty when I eat it because I read it's not good for me.

How's your girl?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
after briefly looking, I don't think that's it. I feel fine. not tired, just a fatty! :)
The body refusing to let weight go, and even adding on more, is a sign that it is in starvation mode. It is preparing for a further famine.
it is one of the early signs, and fatigue may not play into things yet.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
big brown horse said:

Here is what/how we eat:

no grains or gluten

Have I mentioned I love you?? :love

this sounds like what we are trying, but maybe need to learn how to tweak it to make it better. I'll check out the website. I can drop the cheese, cause I like it, but it's not a deal breaker. I do LOVE peanut butter tho'. I feel guilty when I eat it because I read it's not good for me.

How's your girl?
Remember, that real food is good for you, unless you are actually allergic to it.

Latest posts