I'm doing pretty good.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey miss-thenorth...where in Northern Ontario did you live? I lived up near Timmins and there were tons of leeches up there! You were bound to get one everytime you went in the water so I never went in:>) Pulled alot of them off the kids though...the worst is when a momma leech swims by and drops 50 babies on your leg....YUCK!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Way to go, ticks! Are you going to have to change your username? :)

We have been tick free all summer, too, until we went biking in a forest. My daughter stopped to "use the facilities" in some tall grass and came back out with literally dozens on here, everywhere! Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!

Joebwe25

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well good for you!
Your old name said it all: Checker for ticks.

mirime

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have never even seen a tick.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
mirime, Where do you live that you have never seen a tick? I might want to move there.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Yea mirame, where do you live? Although we haven't been so bad here. Ya'll do make sure you check yourself and your kids regularly. My brother-in-law has been suffering from lyme's disease for about 10 years now.

mirime

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
mirime, Where do you live that you have never seen a tick? I might want to move there.
Well I lived many of my years in the Cleveland area - suburbs, downtown, etc.

And now I live in a small college town west of Cleveland.

I'm sure they're here, but fortunately I haven't met one!

mirime

Power Conserver
Reaction score
punkin said:
Yea mirame, where do you live? Although we haven't been so bad here. Ya'll do make sure you check yourself and your kids regularly. My brother-in-law has been suffering from lyme's disease for about 10 years now.
I have a friend in NM who has lyme disease :(
When we go out hiking, I do think about it and check kinda (and I only have one kid and he's 20!) Thanks for the advice though as it keeps it all in the front of my brain, and given my brain these days, I need things in the front - the back is cavernous! heheee