I'm going to make someone else a billionaire...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know! Except there's now all beef grass fed hot dogs at about $8.99 per pkg. I don't eat those though, or any hot dogs.
Haven't tried 'em, but that would be the way to go. But dang! Remember when hot dogs were .99 a pkg? (definitely showing my age here) :old

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haven't tried 'em, but that would be the way to go. But dang! Remember when hot dogs were .99 a pkg? (definitely showing my age here) :old
Husband eats them. I've tried them, but YUK! It may be that I don't like them anymore since I've gone so long without eating them. I've noticed that with other things that I can't eat anymore, because of histamine issues, and then try a little bit, and it taste like some of toxic dump food.

I'm pretty sure I was around when hot dogs were $.99 a pkg. Also, showing age is a good thing IMO. We have life experiences that young people don't! Like going to a concert and actually enjoying it! Instead of now--viewing a concert through cell phone. OOPS going on here...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you eat bologna you eat hotdogs. they are very similar in process and ingredients.

oh and @frustratedearthmother you can still get cheap hot dogs which are mostly made from chicken. i prefer the kind that are made with some pork at least in them. the all beef kinds are ok fresh, but i don't like what happens to them in the freezer. texture just doesn't work for me after that on those (i can eat them but they're strange).

our semi-local meat factory for sausages makes expensive kinds and they're all good, but i try to limit them to once in a while and not all the time. like any processed meats. a treat, but not a regular diet.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So true! I've noticed lately that I have a story that pertains to a lot of life situations, lol! At this age 'been there - done that' is true for a lot of things!

i always do too, but i bite my tongue often. :)

the groups and writing places get them all... poor sods y'all... lol