been smoking since 15 now im 34

my dad had a lung removed from smoking

im starting to do that hacking crap

i actually hate smoking and everything about it

but the relief you feel when your inhaling is what keeps me addicted

fisherman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
you can say time after time,I need to stop smoking,I should stop smoking,do you actually hate smoking enough to stop?nicotene is a drug,you can stop,but,you have to want to stop then it will be much easier,all the gimmicks and quick fixes on the market can not decide for you,you have to do that,,I gave up smoking in 1980,after 20 years of smoking,,been smoke free ever since,80% of people with lung problems came from smoking,the other 20% would have had lung problems regardless,I realize that stopping smoking can be an ordeal for some,I didn't have any problems whatsoever,but wife stopped the day after I did,,and we stayed married :gig ,, she had an awful time,,good luck and stick with it,,you will be proud and your family will be too ;)

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know it was hard for me too, especially since I did like smoking. The best thing I can tell you is get a partner to quit with you .Whether it be your brother, friend, someone at work. And at all costs stay away from those that do smoke, at least for a while until you feel like you have a better hold on it. If said person feels ignored explain why and if they don't understand , just tell em to 'get over it'.;)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I quit just over a year ago (April 29th), I quit smoking - not using nicotine.

I use an electronic cigarette, feels the same, I can change flavors and I did really early on, I stopped the tobacco flavor within a few weeks.

Took me a few months to totally get off the cigarettes it wasn't over night.

It will take some digging around and finding out which e-cig you prefer if you go that route.

I currently use a Janty e-Go, and have a Janty Stick and an 801 penstyle.

I used a 901 for a very long time, and only switched over when it died - well when the 10 batteries or so I had finally gave up.

I'm still using nicotine, but I am not inhaling all the other 4000 or so chemicals that come along with smoking tobacco.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
You have to be true to your children and show them that you are tough and not no pansy quitter.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i know i need to be strong for them

i dont smoke around my kids yes they see it but they dont inhale the second hand as i am outside or the master bedroom's bathroom with the fan on and my kids arent alowed to go in my bedroom let alone my bathroom

im trying now because i am kid free till monday and they say the first 3 days are hardest

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
I quit just over a year ago (April 29th), I quit smoking - not using nicotine.

I use an electronic cigarette, feels the same, I can change flavors and I did really early on, I stopped the tobacco flavor within a few weeks.

Took me a few months to totally get off the cigarettes it wasn't over night.

It will take some digging around and finding out which e-cig you prefer if you go that route.

I currently use a Janty e-Go, and have a Janty Stick and an 801 penstyle.

I used a 901 for a very long time, and only switched over when it died - well when the 10 batteries or so I had finally gave up.

I'm still using nicotine, but I am not inhaling all the other 4000 or so chemicals that come along with smoking tobacco.
Well I do the same. I tried everything before the e-cig, patches gum etc even chewed and used nuff (it that how it is spelled? Heck I would put on a patch and then go outside where I kept my stash and light up. I thought the e-cig was a toy at first but it actually took the place of a reg cig The hand, mouth and lungs feel the same but different. It was the need to use my hands raise it to my lips and take a draw that kept me in the habit. I tried several different tobacco flavors but none tasted Like the crap that I had been smoking all my life. One of the vendors gave me a sample pack with fruit and mint flavors it also included an unflavored Moderate nicotine cap and that was the only one I liked. the strengths come in 24, 18, 12, 6, & 0. 18 is what I started on and I am down to 6 with 0 as the next step. After doing a little research I bought the worst, most unhandy, Model. It is big and heavy so there is no way I can just stick it between my lips. The battery used to power the vaporazier will not last a full day even if you don't use it, the charge just trickles away. The 'draw' is heavy, like trying to suck a really thick shake through a narrow straw. I am down to using twice a day with morning coffee and just before going to bed. I suspect if I were drinking I would be puffing away at the bar but they outlawed inside smoking at the first of the year.
To anyone trying to quit that suspects the whole hand- lips action is hokding you back try one, you will love it or hate it. BTW the biggest problem I had was learning to not try to light the darn thing. ~gd

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
~gd said:
Well I do the same. I tried everything before the e-cig, patches gum etc even chewed and used nuff (it that how it is spelled? Heck I would put on a patch and then go outside where I kept my stash and light up. I thought the e-cig was a toy at first but it actually took the place of a reg cig The hand, mouth and lungs feel the same but different. It was the need to use my hands raise it to my lips and take a draw that kept me in the habit. I tried several different tobacco flavors but none tasted Like the crap that I had been smoking all my life. One of the vendors gave me a sample pack with fruit and mint flavors it also included an unflavored Moderate nicotine cap and that was the only one I liked. the strengths come in 24, 18, 12, 6, & 0. 18 is what I started on and I am down to 6 with 0 as the next step. After doing a little research I bought the worst, most unhandy, Model. It is big and heavy so there is no way I can just stick it between my lips. The battery used to power the vaporazier will not last a full day even if you don't use it, the charge just trickles away. The 'draw' is heavy, like trying to suck a really thick shake through a narrow straw. I am down to using twice a day with morning coffee and just before going to bed. I suspect if I were drinking I would be puffing away at the bar but they outlawed inside smoking at the first of the year.
To anyone trying to quit that suspects the whole hand- lips action is hokding you back try one, you will love it or hate it. BTW the biggest problem I had was learning to not try to light the darn thing. ~gd
Way to go!!! :celebrate

I smoked outside for so long, when I first got my e-cig I had to go stand outside to make it "feel" more real to me, I eventually broke that habit, and I don't think I ever lit mine! :gig

The Janty e-Go battery will last around 8 hours or more depending how hard you use it. Its handy because I don't have to PANIC that I don't have a battery to last me when I go out anywhere, similar to the OMG do I have smokes every time I left the house.

I love the minty flavors, and I hated menthol ciggs - odd. I also like the fruity flavors, and my I no longer have that crappy taste in my mouth.

I could breath better within a week of fully quitting smoking, I did get a little bit of a cough that lasted about 2 weeks, not bad, just a bit of one. Didn't keep me up nights or anything.

Latest posts