I'm Still Alive

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's been forever since i posted, We are still off grid in the desert, been off grid and homesteading for 2 1/2 years now. We have came along ways in that period of time, we are raising sheep, goats, chickens and turkeys. We have some Jersey Giant chicken eggs coming this week and will be incubating them, looking forward to getting a meat breed going. We finally got a well this year and DW wants the garden expanded and been planting alot of tree's.

DD starts college this fall, she got a study grant from the school for being straight A and it covers the cost thank god. DW is getting into making soap and i am trying to build a wood gasifier to run the generator for the well and homestead.

All is going well here in our desert off grid homestead :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Good to see you back! I wondered what had happened to you, but figured you just got too busy to come on.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We would love reading about your adventures!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today was our 18th wedding anniversary :) Been storming here a good part of the week now, really needed the rain tho. my blog is still www.homesteading-arizona.blogspot.com The Jersey Gaint eggs arrived today and are in the incubator this is the first time we ever bought eggs on ebay, hope they hatch.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope they do, too. What kind of incubator do you have?