I'm thinking of dabbling in the farmers market next year.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Britesea said:
Americans have gotten somewhat lazy and complacent over the last few generations. The idea of working 12-15 hours a day doesn't even raise an eyebrow in many parts of the world. If DATS has been selling at the markets for 8 years, doing the work she described, then obviously she has found it rewarding or she wouldn't be doing it. An old saying is if you love what you're doing, it isn't work.
Heard an interview on the radio the other day. Some guy looked into the history of busting ass in the USA and wrote a book about it. Apparently we were super hard working 100 years ago and before. Sure, we still work more than France, but is that something to brag about? And besides, what else are you going to do? Not work so you can watch TV and pay to go to the gym and be fat anyway?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't work as hard as I used to- my sins are catching up with me :lol: (injuries, and a mutation that gave me an extra joint in my pelvis- which makes the whole back unstable) When I was cleaning houses professionally, I could get three houses done by 5pm, then come home and fix dinner. These days it's all I can do to take care of my own house plus garden and ducks.

Are the French even lazier than we are? I wasn't aware of that.