Important - First Video of Complete Gulf Oil Slick

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This video is the first I've seen that shows the extent of the oil damage in the gulf. Please take the time to view it as this person has risked much to fly out into this now illegal fly zone and to film this. I hope he doesn't end up in jail for bringing the truth to us as free speech on the coast or near the gulf has been eliminated on this our 4th of July weekend

Here's an article from http://www.naturalnews.com:

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico

It seems downright spooky that on the weekend when the USA is about to celebrate Independence Day -- the July 4th holiday that commemorates freedom from tyranny -- we are bringing you a disturbing report on how the U.S. Coast Guard, under the direction of the Obama administration, has suspended the First Amendment in the Gulf of Mexico.

Free Speech is now illegal on the beaches of the Gulf Coast.

Any reporter, photographer or blogger caught within 65 feet of an oil spill boom, vessel or cleanup operation will be arrested, fined as much as $40,000 and prosecuted with a Class F felony crime by the U.S. government.

I'm not making this up. This is your "Independence Day" gift from the Obama administration, which once promised "transparency" in Gulf cleanup operations.

Read my complete story on this Orwellian censorship by the U.S. government:

http://www.naturalnews.com/029130_Gulf_of_Mexico_censorship.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ&feature=player_embedded

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I am sorry if this post gets deleted but, this entire administration needs to be relieved of duty and replaced with folks that really dare to tell the truth.
I find it rather comical that CNN is the first one crying "wolf" on this disaster.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Isn't that video heartbreaking? DH and I watched it the other day and I cried. Again.

Since you brought up the oil, I'd like to share my observations about the spill if anyone is interested...

DH and I got married in Gulf Shores, AL on June 19th and then we stayed down at my family's beach house for a week or so. The beach house is on the bay side, but we crossed the street to check out the Gulf side, too.

Things I noticed:
-Although there are no oil blobs on the bay side, toxins are clearly coming under the booms at the mouth of the bay. I did some (catch and release) fishing on our dock, and the young trout I pulled in had burns or lesions of some kind on their bodies. The fishing off our dock has always been fantastic, but not this time. We caught only a few trout and one redfish (which usually are all that we catch) but instead pulled in tons of channel catfish. Channel cats are one of the more pollution-resistant fish. Their presence combined with the huge reduction of the other species scares me.

-The gulf side beach has lots of tar balls. Crews clean them up every night but more wash up. They are about golf ball to baseball in size, look like poop, and are more sticky than I thought possible.

-Over on the Gulf side, all the shorebirds are gone with the exception of the great blue herons. Whether dead or moved on I don't know. The beach is very eerie and feels vaguely wrong without the gulls in the sky and without the sanderlings and willets doodling along in the surf.

-Gulf side: ALL the invertebrates are dead. Ever seen those clear, stingless jellyfish? The shoreline is covered in thousands upon thousands of dead ones, with some other species of jellies sproradically mixed in there. The coquinas (those pretty little bivalves you find in the sand along the waterline) are all dead, shells popped open. The sand dollars, mole crabs, ghost crabs and fiddler crabs are all dead.
I was itching for a microscope, the wet sand along the shoreline normally teems with microbes and I'm curious if they're gone, too. I suspect they are.
The loss of all these invertebrates is truly chilling. It's like ripping the foundation out of a high-rise. I really, really hope that it doesn't cause the whole trophic web to collapse.

-I did not see "our" dolphins on the bay side or anywhere else. We have a pod of dolphins that we all sort of view as family friends. Almost every night, they come right up to our dock and eat mullet in the seagrass. They chase huge schools of fish right up through the shallows and then grab them at the waterline. These dolphins have been coming there for years. We know it's always our same friends because one of them has a shark-chomp on his dorsal fin. I really hope they are simply gone to somewhere safe, I believe they are smart enough to communicate danger to each other and to know when to flee. What upsets me (especially since seeing the flyover footage) is that there may not *be* anywhere safe to go. If the oil covers such a large area, it will be impossible to avoid and there will be nowhere clean to surface for air.

I want to hope that the gulf can recover. I feel so heartbroken and guilty about this. After all, I use oil too, I'm share the blame as we all do. :(

As for censorship of media coverage, I can think of nothing that will make the media more determined and the public more outraged. I guess I'm a felon. :p

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Occamstazer, first congradulations on the hitch. June is a great time to get married. I am sorry you had to whitness all this during a time that should be so happy for you.

Thanks for the report. I don't have a clear understanding of what mainstream media is reporting as I don't have a TV so I miss a lot.
Did you smell gas or has any of your friends or relatives down there been getting sick?

SKR8pn, can you explain what you mean about CNN crying "wolf"?
I did watch a report today from them where they had some scientist on who says most of it could safely be cleaned up using microrganisms that can eat oil... but they are choosing to use the toxic chemicals instead.... but this is not news to me. This has been known to many as well as the oil industry for a long time.

I don't suppose it has anything to do with BP having a huge financial interest in the company that makes corexit 9500

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Maybe I should have used a different choice of words. "Wolf" may not be appropriate. What I meant to get across was that CNN is the first of the MSM to actually attempt to report anything on this spill and the lack of control this administration is showing. FOX has been on it since day one.......

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't smell gas or anything like that. Actually, the blobs didn't stink at all, which surprised me.
Our honeymoon wasn't ruined in any way, we still had a great week and got to spend some time with family from far away.

As much as I fought tooth and nail against having an expensive wedding (and it wasn't, by wedding standards), I feel really good about the amount of money our families just dumped into the Gulf Shores economy.
It's not just the ecosystem that's hurting. The manager of the place where we had the rehearsal dinner was ecstatic that we didn't cancel due to the spill. Their restaurant is hurting *bad*, and I'm happy that we could keep him going.

Most of my family lives in various parts of Mobile, and none of them have gotten sick or reported any health problems. However, they have said that some of their friends are involved in the cleanup and are having reactions to the dispersant. Shortness of breath and nasty headaches are what I've heard about.

I chatted with some of the guys running the marina where I buy bait, and they told me that the marine biologists they spoke to said the dispersant is really hard on fish populations. Apparently it doesn't kill the fish outright, but it can cause sterility or deformed/sterile offspring.
That's thirdhand info, though.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Maybe I should have used a different choice of words. "Wolf" may not be appropriate. What I meant to get across was that CNN is the first of the MSM to actually attempt to report anything on this spill and the lack of control this administration is showing. FOX has been on it since day one.......
Well of course they are on it. They are on anything that they think they can blame Obama for.... when in reality, the power of the oil companies started a long time ago .... Obama is not making it any better though.

firem3

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I just hope that the rumors of a huge upwelling of the ocean floor that is supposed to be gas and oil leaking out of the pipe underground is not as severe as they are reporting on the radio. if it is then when it releases they are suspecting it would trigger a massive tsunami and gas release that could have the same effects as the congo gas release of the 90's. I did see video of the sea floor away from the well head and oil was leeching out of the ground. As an Alabamian it is scary.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I don't like this, I don't like this, I dont like this. I wish I could bury my head in the sand and that it would go away!.....
...but I know it won't....

All of this is really creeping me out!

I am referring to the cover up and the damage being done.

I am gratefull for it being posted. Even though I stll hate all of it!!!!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am keeping careful track, well, as careful as I can from wherer I sit in the world on what is happening.

I envite you all to visit my blog on this page to watch videos and get updated. I have many people helping me with this to collect the important videos and put them in one place. I should be posting an update tomorrow which should be on the same thread in the same article towards the bottom of it.

http://www.healthsalon.org/488/gulf-oil-spill-its-worse-than-you-think-videos-here/

If I lived on or near the coast I would be packing up and moving... sorry to be so pessamistic but there are too many variables and possibilities with negative outcome.

If an evacuation happens it likely will start too late to get everyone out. What are they going to do? Evacuate a few million people before the tusami warning, before the earth quake, before the major release of gas? Doubt it.