In Support of Christmas

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Our local newspaper has a discussion forum. One of the moderators posted a Merry Christmas thread, to which one man responded with semi nude pictures of women decorated in Christmas lights (and a man for the gays in the forum). Many responded positively to the pictures, and many posted negative comments about any mention of Christmas. No one defended the holiday at all. So....

You may not know this...but I am opinionated ! (GASP) So, here is what I posted in the thread. So far, no replies.

This is a vastly more appropriate Christmas picture, don't you think?

nativity.jpg

Tomorrow is a day chosen by tradition to celebrate the birth of the Son of God. It is celebrated in some form in every nation, on every continent.

We do not know the exact date of His birth, as with everything, God is a God of mystery and miracles.

But one thing is constant in this 2000 year old celebration:
Love took human form and came to earth to offer us hope, forgivness, and a forever home with Him.

There are many who scoff and refuse to believe that such love could be meant for them, personally.

Yet, they, too, are loved, whether they receive it or whether they deny it.

The baby born 20 centuries ago grew to be the man who would give His life so that lowly creatures such as I might touch the Hand of God and be cleansed of all the bad things they have done,
to be spared from the consequences of sin.

While modern culture has made it a commercialized display of materialism, the birthday of Jesus is a simple celebration in the hearts of men who have humbly gone to His feet seeking, and finding forgiveness.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I think you might be right; one of the 'issues' is that now days the phrase 'Merry Christmas' is so generalized by so many people that it is often out on context.
But I also think that a lot of people also say 'Merry Christmas' without any notice or care of the other great beliefs around.

:thumbsup to you for standing up with your beliefs!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a wonderfull post! Thanks for the reminder to all that read it! MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days my husband and I have been out doing errands. We found that people were going out of their way to say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". Even cashiers at stores. I'm sure plenty of them weren't in reference to Christ but I found it interesting. It was like many people decided they didn't care what others thought and went back to what the holiday is called.

All I can say is, "Happy Birthday, Jesus!"

Merry Christmas to all!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I say happy holidays. Dad was married for quite a while to a jewish woman. I have pagan and buddhist friends. I read history so I understand the origins of many of the holiday customs. :hu

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I celebrate Christmas. To those who celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas.

To those that celebrate something resembling Christmas but leaves Christ out, Happy Holidays.

To those that celebrate anything else during this time of year ---- insert appropriate greeting here. There are too many and I might forget one.

:hugs :love

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I also say Happy Holidays, I have Jewish friends, Athiest family members, Pagan friends too.

TO ALL OF THEM AND TO YOU, I SAY: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :woot :D

Latest posts