In Support of Christmas

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I forgot to add. I am not offended by Happy Holidays. I feel it is all encompassing for this time of year.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I try to give each the appropriate greeting. I ask what they celebrate, too; I find it interesting having minored in comparative religion and philosophy.
Our main close city is big on Kwanza, DH has some Muslim doctors, we have an assortment of friends. Our last name is frequently mistaken for Jewish by Jewish. Maybe it was at one time. :idunno
Wish me anything, I'm not touchy. :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Wish me anything, I'm not touchy. :D
I'm with you on this one.

All good wishes from everyone are accepted in the spirit in which it is meant.

fargosmom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
As a cog in the retail machine, after 24 years of working my butt off during the Thanksgiving-to-New-Year's madness, all the shiny has worn off the holidays. I just wish everyone a happy and healthy new year.

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LadyChf2k, I went to that forum you mentioned. How very rude that was of him! I'm trying to join so I can back you up. Do you have to be a subscriber to participate?

ETA: Though I can't comment, I did mark those pictures as abuse. According to the board standards, those kinds of pictures should not be allowed. Very 'tolerant' aren't they, till you dare to say something they disagree with. "No freedom of speech, or even thought, for YOU, Conservative!" seems to be the attitude there on the VTD forums.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
im definately not politically correct so i always say Merry Christmas, so Merry CHRIST-mas to all and may God bless every one of you and our distressed nation in the coming year.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am not at all religious, haven't been to church, except as a tourist visiting wonderful architecture, in decades. However I love the time around Christmas! Probably has to do with the fact that my own birthday is within a few days of it. I decorate like mad, have a tree, the whole thing. I also make a point of wishing people a Merry Christmas. Whatever my beliefs are about the validity of Christianity, it is still a fact that Dec. 25th has been chosen as the date to celebrate the birth of a person held in great esteem by many, and called by them Christ. To pretend that that is not the purpose of the day is ridiculous, even though it is also a fact that the Christians took over the mid-winter celebrations from various previous religions. However, I will just as quickly wish you a Happy Solstice on the 21st, or `Happy Hannakah" if I know that that is important to you.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
To you Ldycheif I say well done! :clap

Merry Christmas to all who believe in Him and Happy Holidays to everyone else.

As for me and my house ... Jesus is the reason for the season! :weee