In the event of the dollar crashing what happens to the markets

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
any of you know enough about history, to know what happened when the currency crashed in other countries, what did the markets go through, did they crash or hang on some how, and eventually get transitioned into the new currency

real question if our currency crashes and they push for a global currency what happens to our investments? anyone getting out of the markets completely and why?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: :gig :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whew! :gig Sorry......... couldn't help it! :lol:

The only market I can afford to get out of would be the local Foodland...... :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there will never be a global currency. the list of reasons is HUGE. won't be happening from what I read.

not even thinking about getting out of the market etc. for my funds because of the original post.

no, this isn't even worrying me to the slightest.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well it does worry me some.
When Obama went to a big meeting in Europe this summer they passed out token money that said one world on it. This idea is in the minds of the international power brokers.
China wants to see the us dollar removed as international trade standard.
I do think it is coming eventually,,, just when can't say.
The nations are stocking up on gold right now and the price for it is going through the roof. This is cause they feel the us dollar will fail along with all the US treasurey notes they hold.

India purchased 2,000 tons of gold this past month, Since then there is a run. We purchased ours long ago and inherited some.
It should be purchased to hold up the financial stability of families over the course of many years.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argentina had an economic meltdown in 2001 that still affects that country today. http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/8040.pdf

A survivalist, known as ferfal, has been reporting on TSHTF conditions there in his blog: http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

For us we have one rule!!!!! WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT SURVIVAL CLUB!!!!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Actually, India "only" purchased 200 tons of gold. The equates to about $6,708,332,950 US. Also China, for the first time since the communists took over, is allowing its' citizens to directly purchase silver as a hedge against inflation. The upward pressure on gold and silver prices may be too great for the central banks to control, and the prices may be ready to take off again. For those, and a lot of other reasons (like the dollars continued decline), I'm storing my meager "wealth" in the metals.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Actually, India "only" purchased 200 tons of gold. The equates to about $6,708,332,950 US. Also China, for the first time since the communists took over, is allowing its' citizens to directly purchase silver as a hedge against inflation. The upward pressure on gold and silver prices may be too great for the central banks to control, and the prices may be ready to take off again. For those, and a lot of other reasons (like the dollars continued decline), I'm storing my meager "wealth" in the metals.
I agree. I have been trading everything that is not of use in my house for silver and getting ou of debt. Debt free by summer and metal pile is growing. :)