Indoor Clothes Dryers

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i dont see why you cant just get a block of wood (like 4in x4in) and attach a hinge to the wall then attach a retractable rod that way you could push it up aganst the wall when not in use

cost like 30.00 maybe

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
i dont see why you cant just get a block of wood (like 4in x4in) and attach a hinge to the wall then attach a retractable rod that way you could push it up aganst the wall when not in use

cost like 30.00 maybe
I want mine to pull up out of the way when its working :D
Got the high ceilings.
Our current one is fixed, so its in the way.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thats why i recommended the hinged in the block of wood so it can be pushed up against the wall when not in use

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
thats why i recommended the hinged in the block of wood so it can be pushed up against the wall when not in use
No, I was referring to when its in use, ie., full of clothes :)

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love these ideas. :)

In the cabin, I used an extra closet rod over the backs of my dining room chais over the floor heater vent. Wouldn't recommend it tho. I was moving anyway so just needed a quick fix.

Only thing I have to add is that you can put pretty much everything on coat hangers. I use clothespins for socks and everything else usually gets draped or put the hanger hook through an opening in the clothes. When I was a teen for a short time I had closet rack space but no other place for clothes, and I hung underthings and socks too. It was weird tho.

Guess I'm very blessed ... This winter is milder than usual and I still line dry most of my laundry. At times it's bitter cold on the hands to be out there handling wet stuff, but those times there is usually a brisk wind that dries the clothes within a couple hours. It's working for me so far at least. :)

Jen-pi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dont see why you cant just get a block of wood (like 4in x4in) and attach a hinge to the wall then attach a retractable rod that way you could push it up aganst the wall when not in use
I dont think one rod would be enough room for all the clothes.

Maybe Im not picturing it right?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My wood stove is in my basement. I just have clotheslines up for if I need to dry clothes inside. Normally, about all that gets hung up is any clothing that gets soaking wet if I'm working outside in wet weather. :rolleyes: