Inexpensive ways to entertain/feed children

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The best entertainment is always outside!! I would go to my cousins house for a weekend and sweep out the hay barn, run up and down the driveway with the dogs. I spent part of my summer on a goat ranch, and briefly lived there for college. When it snowed (I was 18 lol) I would run to the goat pasture, sit in a dog food bowl and sled down the hills with the goats following. Hahaha, I'd still do it and I'm almost 20.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old piece of furniture from craigslist or freecycle for free and a 1.00 quart of mismatch paint at lowes or some that is laying around the house not being used and cheap paintbrushes

or finger paint and no paint brushes put them in the middle of the yard with some old clothes

on a different day give them the rest of the paint or waterpaint/fingerpaint and all their old clothes that are no longer usable let them have at it

a tire in a tree

cheap water guns from the dollar store and a gallon of water each- watering the lawn and get the kids to leave you alone for a while

a 10.00 pool or even a freebie that someone is giving away and some 1.00 snorkles and throw marbles and pennies or whatever is small on the bottom of the pool and im talking about one of those pools that are like 18" high and this is the best for when its extremely hot

every weekend or every other weekend lowes and home depot has a build and grow workshop for kids (Free) forgot the ages but i took my 3,6,10 year old this past weekend and they built little planters i got that 1.00 mismatch and cheap paintbrushes and some flowers and when they got home let them have at it

if you have an established garden with lots of fruits then lunch is being served outside GO PICK IT then once they say they are full give them something small to over fill them

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
If you've seen the show "minute to win it" that should give plenty of idea's! not for little kids, but pre-teens and teens. :celebrate