Inspired by Farmer Chick...What is your "to do" list today?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We all need a maid.
Who are we kidding! :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
We all need a maid.
Who are we kidding! :p
:gig

If it had not rained almost all day yesterday, my house would still be dirty! I prefer to spend the day doing outside chores (just like the rest of us) than cleaning and vacuuming. The kitchen gets cleaned every day, but the rest I do only once a week, well except laundry. (Thankfully my daughter does her own laundry now!)

Javamama, my to do list took me a few days to complete. :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Oh wow, there was a thread like this a year or two ago and I loved it to pieces, it really lit a fire under my butt to post publicly what I was going to get done. I got SOOOOOO much more stuff done while that thread was active.

THANK YOU big brown horse for starting this up again!! :D

I have a gigantic humongous list of 'must-do' things looming over me, but for today, aside from normal daily things like making dinner and walking cats and doing animal chores and keeping the kids from destroying anything, let's say:

call mason to see whether he is in fact *someday* going to come DONE (answer: maybe)
do repairs needed before I can start rebuilding the deck

return overdue library books, take kids to Early Years centre for an DONE
hour or so, and run errands

build as much of extension to outdoor cat run as kids' tolerance for cancelled -- too cold out for 2 yr old
today's cold weather permits

plant those iris bulbs that've been sitting in a bag for the last 2 wks DONE

set up isolation crate for young cockerel with longstanding watery DONE
diarrhea despite his seeming fine otherwise

make bread, do laundry DONE

when DH comes home, pound remaining 8 t-posts, string electric Almost done, frustratingly 20-30 min
rope, and (hopefully) actually let horses INTO the new short of completion but did not
3 acre paddock way out back. feel like delaying dinner to the
point where evening chores had to
be done in the cold and dark

(edited one last time in the evening to say: I would not have gotten nearly so much done without having challenged myself to it by posting it here :p Thank you!)

Pat

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Holy cow, Pat! Your list would take me 3 days to get through!

Okay, here's the public proclamation--let's see if I actually do it. I get SO unmotivated this time of year with the garden winding down, dark, rainy days, the kids back in school, the wood stove keeping my too cosily warm...

--finish pesto

--cut up remaining peppers for freezing--several gallons

--put together remaining 5 CSA shares for this week

--do at least 4 hours medical transcription

--parents' day lunch at school with my daughter

--make soup and possibly bread for supper

--laundry (only 1 load)

--pull tomato supports from garden and the rest of the sunflowers where I need to plant garlic next week

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty much done for today. Had to catch up on a couple days housework that I tend to not get done when Greg is home. Now I'm doing homework, not to be confused with housework and trying to get a paper on early Celtic religions done without hurting myself by thinking too hard.

Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Well, I'm pretty much done for today. Had to catch up on a couple days housework that I tend to not get done when Greg is home. Now I'm doing homework, not to be confused with housework and trying to get a paper on early Celtic religions done without hurting myself by thinking too hard.
Yeah like that Greg guy stops you or something. He must keep you busy.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
You two are cute :lol:

Today I will be hampered by having to hold horses for the farrier to trim their feet for about an hour "sometime" between 1 and 5 pm, so I can't work on anything significant during that time, but I think my plan is:

-- take 2 yr old to Early Years center for a couple hours DONE

-- get corner insulators from farm store; then get milk and kitty litter DONE

-- *if* DH gets home early enough, dash to back field and try to get DONE, but most-beloved old
electric rope finished on new paddock before farrier arrives. Not horse injured himself running
holding my breath on this one. around, probably serious :/

-- make dinner ahead of time so it only needs to be reheated DONE

-- weed and dig over as much as possible of veg garden before oh well
farrier arrives

-- hold horses for farrier, discussing politics and upholstery and DONE
literature and mud and so forth

I'm not going to get much done tomorrow either, b/c it is the fall "tool, farm implements, and junk from the peoples' garages/sheds" auction at the local auction house and I'll prolly spend the day there.

Sunday though I HAVE to get a bunch done!

Pat

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
BD and Farmerlor---Hmmmm... Makes a person wonder :D

My to-do list:

-Finish up yesterday's to-do list. I am SO lazy this time of year and spent time actually lying about on the couch reading. From April through Sept, the only reading I get done is via CD, tape or Playaway, so this felt luxurious.

-Feed the bees one last, quick time.

-Develop some sort of lesson plan for my new student. We are mutually tutoring each other in our native languages, hers being Spanish.

-Do something fun with hubby and kids tonight. The kids have been working hard and deserve a break.

-Get about 4 hours of transcription done.

-Fold yesterday's laundry.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You want my farrier Pat? I can send him..LOL

I just call, say to shoe the horse and leave. I used to put my horses in the stall, he would come shoe them and I left a check. Never even had to be there......OF course you have to have good horses that will stand for this and mine always did.

I know what you mean about time "almost" wasted holding the lead...LOL

"The local auction house"---do you go alot?

We don't have good little auctions here...darn it.