Interesting Yahoo Article

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What I found most interesting was the scoffers in the comment section. These people didn't look "unhealthy" at all to me...they looked shiny and happy, good skin tone. Many people could and should do this but do not for fear of being ostracized from their peer group.

My parents and my sister went through similar ridicule when they were eating a more vegan diet. They were really made fun of and people were constantly trying to force feed them "real" food...just this once, it won't hurt to eat it just for this meal, etc. They just didn't get it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: most of the comments just make ya laugh.

well...good for them. I know I would never want to try that. Life is just too good for me to take on this experiment, cause, well I don't want to limit myself this much in life cause I don't have to and just don't have the inspiration to try it.....but I can tell they sure did it and found good ways around what they did need to buy.

cool

I like hearing 'experiments' of others. Good thing about those types of experiments, makes ya think...hmm...what could I cut out or do away with or be better at purchasing with my dollars?? so that is always to get bits of good inspiration from the people who do the big experiments.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep, good for them! Wish I had the where-withal to do it myself (without being forced to!). :)

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think the "unhealthy" comment was in response to the fact that the people depicted in the photos were a little too well-fed. And, the title surely was misleading. They did buy groceries, they just didn't buy them at the grocery store. They merely switched from the supermarket to the farmer's market and local co-op. Not that what they did wasn't a noble experiment, and not that we can't all learn from it, but the title was misleading.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Skinny does not equal health. Trust me on this. ;) Well-fed does not equal "unhealthy"....18 years of nursing has shown me that much, at least. :)