Interesting...

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Morel, I'm glad you removed it. Certainly there are things on BYC that make me giggle or roll my eyes a bit, but I for one am REALLY uncomfortable with being part of a group of people sitting here *on a sister site* making fun of, or worse insulting, BYC in general or individual threads or posters in particular. As seems to be a recurrent feature here. One less is better ;)

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Morel, I'm glad you removed it. Certainly there are things on BYC that make me giggle or roll my eyes a bit, but I for one am REALLY uncomfortable with being part of a group of people sitting here *on a sister site* making fun of, or worse insulting, BYC in general or individual threads or posters in particular. As seems to be a recurrent feature here. One less is better ;)

Pat
While I agree with the general post, I sure don't agree that is seems to be a recurrent feature here. No need to blow it out of proportion ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
While I agree with the general post, I sure don't agree that is seems to be a recurrent feature here. No need to blow it out of proportion
Yep! Some things are just chuckle-worthy in their own right, not in a mean-spirited way at all...just funny! I think the majority of the time and the majority of our SS folks are just the nicest people you could ever find! :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No, it was kind of cute and I had to share it at least momentarily:>) and it wasn't due to a mean spirit at all..it was just too funny to pass up>) Sometimes people say things that just have to be shared...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Like my kids!!! I laugh more at my kids and myself than I do at other people, any day! People who know us can't seem to understand how we can make fun of each other all the time and its not being mean....its how we show love and affection in this house and I adore it. Like my kids suggesting I date someone my own age.......like God, maybe! I have told and retold that joke on myself, as I find it seriously amusing! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Our family is very much lke that as well, we are always laughing at or about each others antics...it gets really interesting sometimes, especially when one family member is gay...he's claimed to be insulted a few times, but all in all we jive him and he jives us:>) It's all relevent and forgivable:>)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We tease Eli all the time about his dyslexia.....if we didn't, it would be like the elephant in the room all the time, with everyone carefully avoiding discussing the obvious.

My own family and siblings were not like that, they were mean in their ridicule of each other and it was used like a weapon. We use it like a caress! :)