Intermediate Cheesemaking: Beyond chevre

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Feta is the easiest one I've done. I'll try to post the curd recipe I use...I adjusted it...should make it again and write it down first.
Maybe with pix?

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Okay. My first batch of cheese this yr will be curds.

Perhaps cheesing this weekend....

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sterilizing equipment...getting ready for the first batch of the season. 4 gallons of milk to turn into cheese curds to bring to Easter dinner at my sisters :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm so jealous! I got my cultures and rennet this week for the season, and I bought my first molds, since I couldn't make them....I got two of the little pyramid molds. That should be fun with the ashes I saved for some ash-ripened cheese.

RockyToggRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Okay, so, I've made 3 4gallon feta batches, 2 4 gallon cheese curd and one failed 4 gal chevre. Yes, I somehow screwed up chevre!

It didn't set up at all overnight....just looked like thick milk. I added more rennet and went to work...9 hours later...nothing:/

Mind you..last yr I made chevre every night just to keep up. I just gave away 20 lbs of frozen chevre from last yr.

I dumped it:( My first ever failed chevre.

I want to try some aged cheese this yr. Have any of you made pepperjack cheese? My DIL has requested it... :)