Introducing Mr. Hedra

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I made a Snail Topiary.

Front02Nov92007email.jpg

Well, Once the leaves filled in, it never really looked much like a snail, so this year, I used the planter to grow some Basil plants.

70109Basilsemail.jpg

I dumped the ivy plants under a tree where they formed a sort of "lump." I decided to give the lump a face.

81109MrHedraIvyheademail.jpg

I think he needs a hat. But, I haven't found one that would hold up the weather, or that suits him.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
That is precious ! I wonder around Halloween if you could find him a bowler made of plastic.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's a little disconcerting...... :p It would sure surprise someone just casually walking through your gardens! :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol: He is cute!!

Now you have to tell us what you made that out of? Those look like those edible wax lips from the 70's...oh wait, were you supposed to eat those??

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Reminds me of "The Green Man", a foliate face found in many European churches. I need one!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:lol: He is cute!!

Now you have to tell us what you made that out of? Those look like those edible wax lips from the 70's...oh wait, were you supposed to eat those??
I got the nose, lips and bow tie at the Dollar Store. The eyes were part of the snail topiary.

Someone suggested I put a "Kippah/yarmukle/scullcap" on him. That might work!!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
That's a little disconcerting...... :p It would sure surprise someone just casually walking through your gardens! :lol:
I guess you would be surprised a few times in my garden, I like to put faces on things.

Here is my "Tree Face" first it was on an old stump in my back garden.

Aug312008TreeFaceemail.jpg

Then when I built the Chicken coop, I had to take out the stump. I then put the face on a big pine tree. It is in the same part of the garden as my ivy man.

Sept19TreeFace01email.jpg

His eyes and teeth glow in the dark!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
Beekissed said:
I guess you would be surprised a few times in my garden, I like to put faces on things.

Here is my "Tree Face" first it was on an old stump in my back garden.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Summer garden 2008/Aug312008TreeFaceemail.jpg

Then when I built the Chicken coop, I had to take out the stump. I then put the face on a big pine tree. It is in the same part of the garden as my ivy man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Summer garden 2008/Sept19TreeFace01email.jpg

His eyes and teeth glow in the dark!!
That is awesome!! Glow in the dark teeth and eyes--way cool!