Irish Red Ale

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Because I love Sumi so much - lol. I'm going to brew up an Irish Red Ale all grain next.

Here's the all grain version of the recipe I crafted. It's based on the recipe that made such a delicious Irish red ale brew last year. The 5 gallon extract version took second place in my local micro brewers contest last year. My fingers crossed this all grain variant turns out better and takes first place this year. But I need a fancy label...
IMG_20200215_143436.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi I need a fancy label for the contest with something authentic to Ireland. I was thinking of one of the castle pictures you posted in the background but that's a far as I got with my thoughts before I got lost. Last year I took second place, which was really good all things considering. I lost to "First Kiss" see labels below. I know a good Irish Red Ale will beat any fruity adjunt brew. But one of the judges told me it came down to the label, mine didn't have one.

IMG_20190605_130046.jpg

IMG_20190605_130143.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you make a label of a red-head holding a bouquet of Shamrocks? or surrounded by Shamrocks?
I know not to use a goat because it is not a Bock, lol.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@sumi I need a fancy label for the contest with something authentic to Ireland. I was thinking of one of the castle pictures you posted in the background but that's a far as I got with my thoughts before I got lost. Last year I took second place, which was really good all things considering. I lost to "First Kiss" see labels below. I know a good Irish Red Ale will beat any fruity adjunt brew. But one of the judges told me it came down to the label, mine didn't have one.

View attachment 13216

View attachment 13217
That is a good label, but if you would like to, I can send you some pics you can choose from?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had this one that I abandoned. But after adding leprechaun hat and decorating her with some shamrocks, I'm liking it more now. Still needs a ton of work though.
IMG_20200220_203419.jpg

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Because I love Sumi so much - lol. I'm going to brew up an Irish Red Ale all grain next.

Here's the all grain version of the recipe I crafted. It's based on the recipe that made such a delicious Irish red ale brew last year. The 5 gallon extract version took second place in my local micro brewers contest last year. My fingers crossed this all grain variant turns out better and takes first place this year. But I need a fancy label...
View attachment 13196
Nice!!! Thanks for that list, Its almost my birthday and that will really help me out with the guest... :D:D:D

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You could also do a Leprechaun instead of a bar maid ... but I like what you have also