IRS Refund??

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tax appt is on Monday but it should be in the ball park of 7000. Most years we get about 1000 back, but we are claiming the rest of our Adoption tax credit this year, so im happy about that. Since we are 1 month away from paying off ALL of our debt, and we have to paperfile, by the time we get our tax return, the debt will be paid off and all of that 7000 is going to go towards Another baby. So, only $23,000 left to save for that baby!!! :( At this rate ill be dead before we save enough....

Even more depressing, i got my W-2 today and realized that DH and i work almost the same amount of time. He works 4- 10 hour days, i work 6- 6-7 hour days, and he made 3X's the amount of money i did!!! Gosh, why do i even GO to work??? I really dont want to be there, id rather be home with the kids and being useful at home instead. BUT.... im thankful i have a job and this money is going towards a good use. So once i have another baby, then it wont pay for me to work, (literally) so ill make the best of it now and in 2 years i can be the mommy and wife i want to be. (sorry, kinda got Off Topic here....)

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can't file yet. I need to call the IRS 1040 helpline to find out what paperwork we need since Hubby's dad (kansas) passed away last year and left a little something for hubby. Estate isn't settled yet, tho... only got partial money. So no clue if we need to get a 1099 from the executor of the estate, or what.
:he

sure hope we get a refund. won't hold my breath ... paid last several years.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
While I understand the logic behind making the interest on the money yourself, rather than allowing the government to make interest on it, there is so little interest to be made these days, I don't know that it matters, really. We like the lump sum in refund. It is money we don't count on, so it is like an extra bonus. We try to save as much of it as possible, but this year it looks like a fair portion is already reserved for unforeseen expenses that came up.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Tax appt tomorrow. I dunno whether to laugh or cry...eh...laughing is more fun I'll do that for now :lol:

7K would be sweeeeeeet!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I don't know what we'll get back this year but we have to set aside $2000 every year for personal property taxes and real estate taxes cause our mortgage company doesn't factor them in to our mortgage payment so we have to do the whole lump sum at once every year in June.

The rest will go towards the credit card...we also have to build new rabbit hutches so I'm sure we'll spend some money on lumber and supplies for that too but it won't be too much. We have some stuff that we are selling for almost $2000 too but the guy that wants to buy it has to sell his current equipment before he has room for ours so that will go towards the bills when he can finally get our stuff.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got our refund a few days ago and paid off the car today!! :weee
Got out from under a $215 car payment that will now be snowballed(thank you Dave Ramsey) towards the credit cards. We unfortunately had to use them for living expenses last year when DH lost his job. It's not too bad...only $3300 and should be paid off in less than a year, sooner if DH quits smoking like he promised!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:weee

isn't that best feeling YB
just knowing that car is paid off. no more 'easy monthly' payment coming at you!!!! CONGRATS!!! :bun

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
Got out from under a $215 car payment that will now be snowballed(thank you Dave Ramsey) towards the credit cards. We unfortunately had to use them for living expenses last year when DH lost his job. It's not too bad...only $3300 and should be paid off in less than a year, sooner if DH quits smoking like he promised!!
Good luck with that one :D:D:D My DH has "promised" he would quit smoking for years now. It hasnt happened, and now its twice as much cuz the price went up. I dont think the price increase detured anyone from smoking like they thought it would do unfortunetly. Being an ex-smoker myself (quit 6 years ago when we desperately wanted a baby) I KNOW how hard it is to quit, so i have SOME sympathy for him..... but not much when its cost like $75-85 a month!!!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rd200 said:
yourbadd said:
Good luck with that one :D:D:D My DH has "promised" he would quit smoking for years now. It hasnt happened, and now its twice as much cuz the price went up. I dont think the price increase detured anyone from smoking like they thought it would do unfortunetly. Being an ex-smoker myself (quit 6 years ago when we desperately wanted a baby) I KNOW how hard it is to quit, so i have SOME sympathy for him..... but not much when its cost like $75-85 a month!!!
Off topic ---- My mother used to say, whenever the cost of cigarettes went up, that she would finally, really, truly quit .... as soon as she finished the carton which she had already bought. By the time that happened the price, somehow, was no longer an issue, so she bought another. She died at age 73, of emphysema; had been smoking since she was 16.

Latest posts