IRS Refund??

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Self employed here, so I try to come out even. Last year I miscalculated and had to pay a bit, but not much--this year I think I may actually get a bit back because I had a couple of slow months. It all seems to come out in the wash :)

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Another huge refund here---Yippee!!

Didn't mean for it to happen, but I took a huge step up in salary this year, with a job that pays milage. I really wasn't sure how things were going to come out, I've NEVER made this much money before and wasn't sure what bracket I'd be looking at, plus what we could deduct. So, we'll be getting enough back to become (except for the house) DEBT FREE BABY!!!!! Plus a nice start on a 3-6 month emergency fund. I'd like to even in out a little, we'll do some research and change the withholdings some here shortly.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:weee donrae
sounds like things are going well. good for you! nice to hear someone is prospering in this lousey economy.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Gotta do our taxes... I hate taxes. :barnie
He has had some problems filing taxes and has gotten hit with penalties for "not paying" in the past, and we just can't seem to get that cleared up.
I get a refund, and its quiet needed this year.. :-/

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We get a big one every year. My hubby and I don't get each other a christmas gift and our annaversery is feb 6th. So we get each other a big gift for those. This year I am aiming for a sportsman incubator. We will see hopfully next week.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
We get a big one every year. My hubby and I don't get each other a christmas gift and our annaversery is feb 6th. So we get each other a big gift for those. This year I am aiming for a sportsman incubator. We will see hopfully next week.
Great date :D (that's my birthday!) :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I've no clue what we will be getting back, but we will definately get something back. We made no money, and those who make none, pay none. I wish it were really that easy :p Sales taxes, fuel taxes, land taxes, wheel taxes, vehicle taxes, and that stupid trash bill that you can't get out of, but is mandatory(but not a "tax" :rolleyes: )...yeah...we still paid taxes, just not income wise. :/ I hope we get enough back to pay our last 2 years land tax that we haven't had the money for, and I will be happy :D

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I should be getting around $3k. Most of it is NOT what I've paid in, so the Gooberment hasn't been stashing my money and interest away. But, it's a much needed refund and I plan on getting mine done tomorrow, if I can pick everything up after school. :)

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just got done my last numbers and a few phone calls. Now I can send my numers to my accountant. Yes I have an accountant!! After paying him I still make out pretty good on a return. Just have to make sure I buy enough equipment for the business. deductions, deductions, deductions. The reason the small business keeps the economy going. I'm self-employed and don't even want to figure out how to do my taxes. I understand them but rather have someone who knows what there doing do them. :thumbsup

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a CPA when we ran the farm. No way I was trying to do the depreciations on tractors, livestock and all that. She did an excellent job of it.
closing the farm I stayed with her 2 yrs after til my taxes are now kinda super simple I can do them. But when I had a farm biz I wanted expert advice. No one wants an audit :)

Latest posts