Is grocery store organic frozen produce really organic?

Veggie PAK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Do you ever wonder about where the supposedly organic vegetables come from that are in the grocery stores we patronize? Here is an interesting news report about that. The surprising thing is that these products have the USDA logo on the label! The USDA has no idea what chemicals have been used on these vegetables, so how can our govmnt allow the use of its logo on these products? I, for one, will be checking my groceries' point of origin more than I usually have from now on. Take a look at this video clip and see what you think about the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=JQ31Ljd9T_Y

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I buy organic produce if the price is comparable and it looks better/fresher than the other foods. I'm not unaware that the organic is sometimes an advertising tool and does not necessarily mean organic...particularly if the USDuh is involved.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
The things we buy organic during winter--potatoes, carrots, lettuce and apples--you can TASTE it is organic. When I veer from organic, the family notices by taste alone.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The onions are definitely and decidedly juicier and sweeter...this I know. Can rarely find them, though... :(