Is it really......

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Heat wave???? No, I don't think so. Unless of course you mean being in the low 70's as forcast for this weekend. :rolleyes: I think we've only hit the low 80's for about 2 days a couple of weeks ago. Then of course it clouded up &/or rained ever since. No summer here in the NW :/

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just read (well, quickly scanned) an article today in, I think, the Oregonian - "we" (probably Portland) have had only 8 days so far this year where the thermometer got into the 80"s, after the 2nd wettest Spring in recorded history. Now, I will admit that this Spring had me rather depressed, and it seems very weird to have as much rain as we have had in July, but ... given the circumstances existing in the rest of North America, I can only say ... many, many times ... that I am sooooooo happy to be living here rather than ... oh, just about anywhere else :lol:. I don't do excessive heat, and I certainly don't do humidity. I would definitely rather put on an extra sweater, than have to strip down to nothing, and still be too hot. I feel sorry for all of you who are dealing with this heat (as I huddle into my cardigan :p)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've always said, you can put another layer on but you can only take off so much before they arrest you........

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No heat wave here. We have had a few days of 83-85.. But most of our days are only reaching about 72 degrees. Its actually a cold summer here.. Last year was way way hotter. This year it seems like summer never got here and its still spring with less rain. But I bet our Fall is going to be hotter than usual though.. Seems to be when ever summer is cooler..

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
I've always said, you can put another layer on but you can only take off so much before they arrest you........
You've got that right and that's what it's been like here in AR lately. I'm glad for all of our trees and the angle of the driveway (can't really see back here from the road) or I'd have been arrested by now! :gig

We just got a small AC for the camper, got it running last night in preparation for today's heat. We made it to 97, the clouds and light showers (mainly teases) moved in and now it's down to 84 degrees F outside! :weee

Latest posts