It has been crazy around here, and not gonna get better for a while.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Last Thursday, hubby and ds were out on a motocross track. Hubby landed a jump wrong and shattered his ankle. He has been in an out of emerg, had a brief stay in the hospital, and back and forth to doctors appt's I have to drive him since he can't. He has to have surgery on Friday to put his ankle back together. This throws a wrench in everything. We were gonna list our house for sale in a week or two,we had a bit of cleanup left to do, but I think that now has to be put on hold, since he is out of commission. He has been told his ankle will give him problems for the rest of his life. I asked him if it was worth it, but he never gave me a direct answer.

Life will be sort of back to normal now that we have the surgery date.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all your troubles, MTN! (just finished reading about your jerk neighbor, too; bet you're glad to be moving!!)

"I asked him if it was worth it, he didn't give me a direct answer"....heehee, sounds like lotsa conversations between me & my DH. ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Sorry to hear about all your troubles, MTN! (just finished reading about your jerk neighbor, too; bet you're glad to be moving!!)

"I asked him if it was worth it, he didn't give me a direct answer"....heehee, sounds like lotsa conversations between me & my DH. ;)
No kidding eh? He says he'll be back on the bike next year. He says at tleast the season is almost over, and the only thing he is realy upset about is he thinks he will miss hunting season.

He's still contemplating talking to the jerk neighbour, but it is a difficult thing to do. Who does that!?!?!?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your hubby. My dh still rides his KTM when he is out with the kids. He cracked ribs the New Years before last. :barnie I think at some point they just need to realize they are too old. It takes more time for their boddies to heal.

crazy boys!!

g

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs, so sorry to hear that your hubs will have this for the rest of his life, and that your plans have been derailed for a while. Praying for you as you figure out your next steps, and for your hubs to heal up quickly.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I would totally be frustrated as well. Times like these I have to remind myself, "There is a reason for everything." You may not see it now, but it will make sense later...always does. :hugs

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I would totally be frustrated as well. Times like these I have to remind myself, "There is a reason for everything." You may not see it now, but it will make sense later...always does. :hugs
I know.... I have been thinking--everything happens for a reason, how long before we figure out what the reason behind this is.... But we will get through this. He works for a great company, and short term disability will cover him for 6 months, and it works out to about full pay, so no issues there (although no overtime). And thankfully I have two responsible teenagers who will help carry the extra chores, (thankfully my ds knows how to operate the skidsteer etc).

We will get through this, although I will probably go crazy with him being home for 6 months--I might need to get a part time job to keep the sanity :lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I can't watch that motocross stuff or even encourage it, it just looks too dangerous to me. At least it was his ankle and not his neck or back.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Just to show you the caliber of my dear wonderful husband, when we went to visit him in the hospital after church on Sunday, he was in the lounge watching --yep-- motocross. :lol: :rolleyes:

My husband is an adrenaline junkie, this is nothing new to me. Hubby flies planes, races KTMs on a track, does all sorts of stuff. I knew what he was like when I married him. My son rides motocross also, and my dd does trick riding on horses, and rides western and english. Whikle I agree it is dangerous, I support everyone in my family in what they do. I also pray for them alot. ;)

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Just to show you the caliber of my dear wonderful husband, when we went to visit him in the hospital after church on Sunday, he was in the lounge watching --yep-- motocross. :lol: :rolleyes:

Whikle I agree it is dangerous, I support everyone in my family in what they do. I also pray for them alot. ;)
:lol:

Maybe he can use some of his adrenaline up by talking to the neighbor?? :D

I personally am not a confrontational person, but I have made exceptions in the case of animals. Other than that, that's what I have DH for. He's Latin, & has no problem with confrontation at all (that hot blood & all). In fact I think he enjoys it. :rolleyes:

Latest posts