Its a work in progress......

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, Hubby and I have been working on expanding the laundry room...we moved a wall about 3 ft, so now the washer and dryer can sit side by side...NICE!! It wasnt "bad" but inconvienient.
So, now that the wall is moved....hubby decided to use that wall....6 ft long, to build me a new pantry! My other pantry was over filled, small, and I had jars setting on the dining room table.
Now, before you look, just remember, its only the 2 of us, and I still have stuff to put in there. Its a work in progress...for sure. :D
99_filledalmost.jpg

I will have to buy some store bought things. :sick like peas and carrotts....just didnt have a good growing season here.
I will be canning the meats in the next few weeks..so I will be filling it even more, and MIGHT have to use the older smaller pantry. :D This SHOULD get us through the winter.... ;)
ETA: I will try to get a better picture tomorrow....dureing the daylight. I didnt realise this one was so dark. UGH!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW, that is impressive!!! I love to go down to my cold room and look at all my canned foods. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something very impressive.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Very impressive! That pic should be entered into the Squirrel Challenge contest in November! :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone....as you all can understand...its always a "work in progress" It drives me batty to see empty spaces tho! LOL Come on fall beets and peas!!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sooooo jealous. My pantry is in the hall linen closet, the extra fridge and freezer is in the garage-all because my kitchen only has enough cupboards for my dishes and pots and pans. Oh and don't forget my washer & dryer are there too. Its all a tight squeeze. One good thing, if I stand in just the right spot I can reach everything to do the laundry, cook and prepare the food and wash the dishes too. I just have to travel for the food. :lol: