It's Just DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be the first to admit my grammar isn't perfect and I imbibe freely of some slang and sometimes I have a lazy tongue (as is evident in my name). I also admit that I can't spell worth a darn. But it really bothers me when people say:

Continue on ... as opposed to continue off? continue stop? What is the purpose of saying continue on? Can't we make a simple declarative sentence and say: Now we will continue.... Must we say continue on? What is the purpose of saying continue on? Why clarify when there is no need for clarification?

Exit out .... as opposed to exit enter? Again, what is the purpose of the extra word?

Am I the only one this bothers? Is it just me?!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Don't believe I've ever heard anyone say those phrases...so I guess it doesn't bother bother me either.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
yes its just you..I actually find it interesting the different way people talk and phrases they use..sometimes I have to stop and think about what they said until it makes sense,,but its still interesting to me.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't find redundancy interesting. I agree with the OP.

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm a Yankee that moved to Texas and you want to hear some weird sayings ... :lol: I can't say I've ever really heard the redundancies you're talking about, but I'd have to bite my tongue in half not to saying anything ... but then again I AM a Yankee after all :gig

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The phrase that makes me see red :somad is "...would of..." as in "I would of gone with you if you'd asked"

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
irregardless :barnie

Continue onward makes sense if you could otherwise continue upward, leftward, downward, or otherward, really. *laughs* With my lack of sense of direction, I don't mind being told it is onward into which I continue.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The one that bothers me is where it's at, or anything similar. But, I don't say anything because I figure it will only get the other person upset, and not help.