I've fallen in love with hummus!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
My hummus is not bad... but I never follow a recipe! It is a bit different each time I make it.

My favorite is Baba Ghanoush!!
Oh yum. Baba Ghanoush is great!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I love hummus, but for some reason have never thought to make it myself. Dumb, huh? Thanks for the posts! Now I have something to try this weekend in the kitchen.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A guy I worked in the kitchen with gave me his mom's recipe for green bean hummus. I am not a chick pea fan so I loved this. 2 LB green beans, steamed, 1/2 cup walnuts, 4 hardboiled eggs, 1 1/2 cups sliced onions, 1/4 c. oil, salt and pepper. Saute the onion in oil, let cool and put everythng in the food processor. This freezes well, I send little containers with my husband on the road so he has a dip for his raw veggies.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
GardenWeasel said:
A guy I worked in the kitchen with gave me his mom's recipe for green bean hummus. I am not a chick pea fan so I loved this. 2 LB green beans, steamed, 1/2 cup walnuts, 4 hardboiled eggs, 1 1/2 cups sliced onions, 1/4 c. oil, salt and pepper. Saute the onion in oil, let cool and put everythng in the food processor. This freezes well, I send little containers with my husband on the road so he has a dip for his raw veggies.
Well, I wouldn't call this a hummus, I'd call it a spread. But it sounds yummy.

peachykeen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Can of chick peas, drained
Clove of garlic
Cumin
1/8th of a cup of EVOO (less or more depending on personal taste)
Salt to taste
If you have tahini, I use 2-3 tbspns. I've made this dozens of times without tahini and its just as good.

Thats my recipe. Often I do two cans at the same time. I always eyeball all the ingredients which has the sometimes endearing habit of creating a different taste each time. The worst was when hubby didnt drain the chick peas right. The chickens ate good that night!