Jars

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Ship them all to me! For this privilege, I will gladly put you in my will, and keep you there for at least as long as it takes me to unpack the boxes and admire the bottles and jars. :D
That offer is so good it should be illegal!

What a steal.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Tallman, when I picked up my last several dozen jars I found a couple old ones as well. Mine were not blue but clear Mason strong shoulder jars. With a bit of research I found this jar sold for about 10 dollars on e bay. Your blue ones would be worth more than that.

If I am not mistaken you can make a lantern from the jars/ bottles as well. By wrapping wire around the neck and making a loop type handle. Then lower a candle right down in side. Might be useful.

good luck, :D
Now your talkin'!!!! When I got these jars, several were individually wrapped so I think they might be worth a little something. I'm not really into the e bay thing, but I know someone who could help me. Maybe I can retire on this deal!

Tanks, your back in the will.

Acre wrote: I'll take a few of the milk bottles. We get fresh milk from a friend and it would be great in glass jar.

Sure thing Acre, come get 'em. :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Acre, I have a couple that I got at an antique shop and I got some big rubber stoppers at the hardware store to use as tops. They work so well I can actually shake the bottle to distribute the cream without spilling a drop!

Tall, you might use a few in your own fridge for....hmmm....homemade vinegar, iced tea, kahlua, whatever! Sure, I'll take a few in exchange for the wonderful idea! :cool:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:weee Hey I'm in the will. That's a first. :weee

Do the milk bottles have those wire tops or are they just the regular kind? do they have a dairy name on them? they may be worth more than the Mason Jars. Have your friend check them as well. Good luck.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
:weee Hey I'm in the will. That's a first. :weee

Do the milk bottles have those wire tops or are they just the regular kind? do they have a dairy name on them? they may be worth more than the Mason Jars. Have your friend check them as well. Good luck.
The milk bottles do not have any handles, and they do not have any kind of a top or lid. They do have names of milk companies on them.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Another vote for using the blue ones as storage jars.

I have several that I use for dehydrated foods like onions and mushrooms. Probably ARE worth some money, but I like to look at 'em.

blueskylen

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, i have canned in the old blue jars, and a lot of them do not seal well with the lids you buy nowadays. they will seal at first, and then over time come loose, so I don't recomend them for canning.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
blueskylen said:
Hi, i have canned in the old blue jars, and a lot of them do not seal well with the lids you buy nowadays. they will seal at first, and then over time come loose, so I don't recomend them for canning.
:welcome

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I have about 2 dz. asst. jars displayed on the top of my cabinets. Some are old and valuable, some are not.

Like Free, I think they are pretty to look at.

But, if you have an extra filled with candy . . . :D

Latest posts