Java. the end.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Molly should be due Feb 17th, so we will be kidding right at the same time again! But I'm counting 150 days. Is that how you are doing it?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yay! Kidding buddies :clap

I'm going to use the 150 day count, since they went to the day last year.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No. I quit milking earlier than I planned. Turns out I'm a fair weather milker and the weather wasn't fair at all for so many months. And the summer hay I bought had very little alfalfa so their production decreased alot. I hope next year is better.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wow! I'm still milking once a day, both girls had a production dip during the times they have been in heat, but then picked back up. Molly is preggers now I think so I want to dry her up soon and she just keeps getting full. With Ginger, she was a bit too full to be just milked once a day until this last week. It is kind of a nice amount, just about as much as we use in our lattes and my younger teenager drinks the rest so I don't have extra and don't have to buy milk. And there isn't extra milk to try to dream up ways to use, so I wish I could keep it like this all winter! This is part of why I want to wait to breed Ginger. I hope to have enough milk frozen so that I don't have to buy any fresh cow milk to drink over the winter. If it goes as planned, I will just buy some canned milk to cook with and we can drink our thawed goat milk.