Jenlyn9483: Jen's Journal-- Countdown begins

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah and I have been suffering from a gallbladder attack since i laid down last night. I litterly have not gotton out of bed since. I wonder if im passing gallstones. This the the third one I've had. The first one was when my son was an infant. The second was Easter and this is the worst and longest one ive had. So basically we have been a pitiful pair together.

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks Lori, I am feelling better today. I finally found a buyer for my goats but she lives in GA and wants us to meet her in Tallahassee. Only problem is We have not been able to finish fixing our truck yet so we only have the car. The crate wont fit in the car. So now we are trying to figure out if anyone has one we can borrow. I really need that goat money for my wedding right now.

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OK today I have a list of things to do.

Clean out my hatchery so it will be ready to roll in spring.
Butcher last remaining (4) musc drakes for the freezer.

Process pares

Plan out next pen

Do laundry

I also have a broody Buff Cochin that has been sitting on nothing for over a week. Since my new wonderful Dark Cornish bantams are laying I cannot resist the urge to put their eggs under her so now she has 4 DCB, 2 OEGB and 2 Cuckoo Marans under her.

I also have tons and tons of wedding stuff to do

and 2 boxes of eggs to go into the mail....:D

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today I am going to go to DMV and renew my ID card and then go to Courthouse and get my Marriage License. Can you Believe it cost $93.50 for a marriage license these days?! Oh brother and tack on $10 to that for updating my ID card. I feel like the State of Florida is giving it to me right now.

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got 11 baby chocolate muscovies hatching right now. These are my first choc babies so I have my fingers crossed. they are pipping and peeping I cant wait for my first baby to pop out.
I took these eggs out from under my 3 broody choc hens. They are setting in the chicken house and im afraid of what the chickens may do to them so Im interveaning. I took the 11 that were ready and put them in my hatcher. The hens still have plenty of eggs under them that are not ready yet. They all 3 started settin at different times and keep stealing each others eggs so the hatch dates were mixed up.

I think one of my Blue pied "drakes" I was given to process turned out to be a female. She is very dainty and pretty so I dont think she will be processed unless she is determined to be male. Most of you know I have a soft spot for blue ducks so she might have a spot here.

I must get at least 2 more drakes processed today

AND now I need to go ck the garden for new veggies.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wish I was close enough to get a chocolate muscovy!!!! :hide

I have a black drake and blue muscovy duck! My blue is a very pretty gal!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeah! I still want to get some eggs from you next year! I know my mom said no more but then goes out and buys some ducks :rolleyes:

Maybe, if one turns out to be a girl, you should keep a boy so you have a blue pair! I know I'd buy some of those eggs.

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So far I have 8 babies out in the brooder and 2 more that are still hatchin in the scovies.

My bacheorette Party was last night and it was very fun. I had a great time!

Today I traveled to T-Town and sold my goats. I hurt so BAD!! I cried for an hour after I left. Im still very bummed. In particular Clarabelle, who was my baby that I bought for my bday last year. I didnt know you could actually love a GOAT that much. I wish I did not need the Money SOO bad right now. When I got in the truck to leave I glanced out the window and Clara was in that big ol cage in the back of truck just staring so hard at me Like "WHERE are you going mom! Your forgetting us!". It still SUCKS so bad.

Another thing that SUCKED was the lady at the Dress shop charged me $320!!! For the alterations for my dress. I could have DIED. and that was AFTER she LOWERED the price because I was totally freaking on her.

So that is the jist of my weekend, probably alot more things to tell but too tired right now.

Blackbird, when My scovies start laying again in Spring or whatever you can def get some eggs.

Im also planning on getting some Exhibtion quality Runner ducklings from Holdereads this spring as soon as they are available so I can build that flock.