John Deere 826 Snowblower

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got it all fixed up. I'd actually say it works like new. HOWEVER, I'm looking forward to that friction disc getting worn down a little because right now it's in constant contact so the blower will always want to move, even on start-up.

Anyways, pulleys, friction disc and belt all together took about 30 min and this thing is a beast now :)

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got it all fixed up. I'd actually say it works like new. HOWEVER, I'm looking forward to that friction disc getting worn down a little because right now it's in constant contact so the blower will always want to move, even on start-up.

Anyways, pulleys, friction disc and belt all together took about 30 min and this thing is a beast now :)
That's strange, Why some people has the capability to build, fix, and make that equipment all too easy, I hope I have the same skills... :(:(

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's strange, Why some people has the capability to build, fix, and make that equipment all too easy, I hope I have the same skills... :(:(
Everyone has their thing(s) but most come with experience. I, for the life of me, can't organize anything. I know good organization when I see it but I can't come up with a plan to do it, whether that's a garage a closet or clothing. I look for pics, ideas and videos to help, but it's just a little beyond me since I also suffer from that almighty analysis paralysis and need to tell myself "just pick a thing and start", but then I also suffer from not finishing things, so I could have three things going at once and fail at all because of just not having the time.

Point being, I fixed this after reading and reading and reading and reading and watching lots of videos to get an understanding of how things worked together, so it wasn't just "ok, I got the parts. Let's grab a socket wrench and take everything apart and I'm sure I'll get it back together"

My friend told me there's a bolt on the friction disc I need to loosen that will release that tension I referred to earlier. So, see? learning, just like we all do on this site.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can sympathize with you about not starting or finishing things. Those are the 2 hardest steps in any task. Now I am good at organizing and seeing how things can be done better, but actually DOING it? Not so much, lol.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What do you call this rod with the spinning barrel connector in the middle? It engages the friction disc.

Problem is I need to tighten that connector because the disc is in constant contact, so right on start up the blower wants to GO. However, that barrel connector is completely seized up. I tried heating it up and getting some lubricant in there, but it won't budge. Trying to find out what it's even called so I can see about just ordering a new one.
20201102_092148.jpg

Latest posts