JRmom - Garden is in!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We checked the game cam this morning and YES! We got the thief on video trying to get into my car. Calling the detective this morning to turn over the video.

Made peach cobbler last night, with fresh peaches. I'm such a ditz. The recipe called for 1 1/4 cups of flour and I messed up and only used 1/4 cup.... still tasted good, but under the nicely browned top the peaches were sitting in a watery mess. Ugh! I'll use the rest as peach sauce over ice cream. Note to self: don't try to do other things while I'm cooking.

Busy with work today, but hopefully I'll find a few minutes to get some seeds started, broccoli and cabbage. Everything else I'll direct sow. The herbs I started in my kitchen window are doing well. I also started a small compost here in town, around the side of the house so hopefully the nosey Code Enforcement guy won't see it.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Oh good! Now maybe the dirtbag will get arrested!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just talked to the detective and emailed the video to him. He said if it's the person they are thinking he will write up a report for last night and put out an arrest warrant. Of course, they still need to find him.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Great job! Hopefully this is the beggining of the end of trouble for ya'll.

Peach cobbler sounds wonderful. :drool I'd still eat it :lol:

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awesome, JR!! I assume it's no one you recognize...? No one from your neighborhood?

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No, we don't recognize the person (who actually looks a little feminine - wearing a men's tank top, but the figure is kinda curvy through the waist and hips). But the person we looked up online who the police suspect is a thin, lanky guy so I guess this could be him. My husband was like a kid on Christmas morning when he realized we caught someone on video. :D Hope the police can issue a warrant... that would make the expense of the camera worth it!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:weee :weee My new dehydrator arrived yesterday!!!! Hubby got me the Nesco American Harvest Gardenmaster. It came with 8 trays, 8 screens, and 8 fruit sheets, plus it came with the book "How to Dry Foods" which has a lot of good info and recipes. My little Ronco looks absolutely pitiful next to this monster. Haven't fired it up yet, but I'm off to the farmer's market this morning....

The detective was able to get a good description from our video and put out a BOLO yesterday, so fingers crossed he gets picked up. He said this was a different person than who they've already been looking for. This guy is shorter and older. "Our" guy was very nice and looked directly at the camera two different times. :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am loving my old goodwill NESCO. I do need to call the company and see which type of tray mine takes since my model is "retired". I need some more of the solid sheets and a few more trays.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just got back from the farmer's market, and :weee !!! We now have a goat milk vendor (for animal consumption only, of course ;) ). He also sells goat cheese. Bought me some yummy cheese flavored with roasted tomatoes and basil. :drool He's also working on a smoked cheese with spinach. I had a taste and started drooling. Okay, now I guess I'm gonna learn how to make cheese and soap. Oh, his price for the milk was $4.50 for a 1/2 gallon... is that a good price?

Latest posts