Jumpin' in from Missouri

Farmgirlpastandfuture

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You know how it goes - jumping from one forum group to another to another and someone mentioned this forum group - seems like a great place for me.

I'm in SWMO (Branson area). Grew up in the North Central part of the state on a farm but have been down here for the 20 years I've been married. I'm doing what I can to make my 1/2 acre rural lot my homestead. I've got my 5 chickens and 6 raised beds and as soon as I can talk my husband into letting me cut down more of those old tall cedar trees I'll be adding more raised beds/fruit trees. Personally I think I could fit a couple of goats and rabbits and bees here too. But getting the cityboy husband on board is a different matter.

My 7 year goal (by the time I hit 50) is to be back on more acreage. Until then I can live my farmgirl/self sufficient dreams thru y'all.
-

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

Why is it cityfied men are so stuck on being cityfied? My hubby is like that too :smack

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
:welcome I'm not too terribly far from you...just north of Quincy, IL. You'll like it here, and I think we're all like you....trying to make the past our future.....good luck and again, welcome! :frow

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow

My grandma lives down that way, with my Aunt. They live at Cedar Creek. Have you ever been over to Baker Creek Seeds at Mansfield?

Farmgirlpastandfuture

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks all.

I know the Cedar Creek area well. We have friends that live over that way.

I know of Baker Creek Seed and their fun festivals but everytime we pass thru the Mansfield area its on a mad dash to St Louis or further - haven't been able to stop there yet.

Very familiar with Quincy, IL. Grew up going to Hannibal and Quincy a lot.

Thanks for the kind welcomes.
Now to poke around a bit and visit some of the forums.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to Sufficient Self fellow Missouri trapped-in-the-city-farm-girl! North central region here. I used to flit from forum to forum, but now I have found true friends and a home.

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My Aunt is married to a Tate from Cedar Creek.

Everyone at SS's favorite place to get seeds is Baker Creek. Maybe you could stop sometime and give us the scoop!

I'm originally from Lee's Summit up by KCMO.