Just curious, what's the weather like where you;re at.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We've been having an unseasonably mild November. Usually its freezing and raining this time of the year, but we've had some very enjoyable days lately. i actually went horseback riding last Sunday with just a polarfleece sweater on. Just the fact that I got ON an horse in November is a first for me, as I don't usually ride in the cold.

What's it like where you're at, and how is it compared to how it normally is for this time of year.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL we ride in just a demin shirt and maybe a light jacket in Nov. into Dec. here.

We have been so rainy and chilly. Not normal NC weather at all.

When I moved here 16 or so years ago, Christmas day was 64.

It hasn't been that warm since that day..LOL

We are getting colder and wetter. From our hotter and drier situation we have been facing.

Weather....oh it means my moods definitely. I could never live up north or in big snow again or low sunlight areas. I want sunny days and warm weather now.

Up north, I rode wtih studded shoes for ice and in a down jacket and not far...LOL..that biting wind took out me and the horse...the stable and my home were the ideal places to be in winter..LOL

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I agree! Usually the wind is killer here for me, but it has been so nice. Usually from November to march--the only places my critters see me is in the barn--out of the wind, but this year is so different, we're getting alot of things done that we thought would have to wait till spring. Just odd, but I'm not complaining. :)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
We (greater Seattle area) have also been mild . . . I can't say milder than normal, but much more mild than last year (which was a fluke, especially cold, year for us).

We have had a lot of rain lately. I mean stretches of weeks of rain, with only short breaks. While some people would assume that is normal for us . . . it seems to me that such a long stetch of rain is not at all normal. I'm used to getting a few sunny gardening days in this time of year. We are maybe getting only one day of sun per week . . . on the good weeks! :hu

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
totally crap-tastic. cool, wet and overcast - barely 50*... this seems a bit warm for this time of year. and if it keeps up i'll be really cranky - we need it to be belos 40* so i can give them pigs The Business! i have a couple weeks tho..... the Hog Harvest is first week of dec.

i didnt even need a jacket this morning when i went outside. if it were dry i'd be outside in shorts and a sweatshirt. .

i just hate being stuck inside. its too soggy to really do any work outside so i'm shoveling out the kitchen which, com' on... WHAT a drag!

but the house smells turkey-licious from cooking down the carcass of the 2nd $5 bird we got at the store! whoot!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i just hate being stuck inside. its too soggy to really do any work outside so i'm shoveling out the kitchen which, com' on... WHAT a drag!
:lol: You just gave me a great idea . . . I just need a shovel. ;)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
seriously. i'm about to head out in the rain just to beat nails on something, ANYTHING......

technically i need to build a new door for the goose house.. hum... screw it flylady i'm going outside!!! whoot!!!!

Nikki28

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Today is nice. Warm enough for short sleeves but gets into the 20s - 30s at night. We have had some early cold snaps and even snow in October! (Normally we don't see any until late December). Supposedly it will be a cold and wet Winter.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
It is supposed to be 75 here today, clear and sunny. In side the house wa scold this morning....67. Had to turn on the heat for an hour. Ahhhh......