Just picked up a quart of local, raw honey

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can't wait to try it. Hoping it will help with the allergies that seem to be showing up as I get older. Going to get the G/F to try it as a cough syrup. It sure is a nice amber color. Think I hear it calling my name.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
:drool

I love local, raw honey. I use it for my allergies. I just have some in tea in the morning. Lovely! :thumbsup

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just got a quart myself - the man who has my hubby build his hives gives it to us. I used the first of it to make that good black bean chocolate cake.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I always go overboard....I got a five gallon pail a few months back. :lol: I wanted to see if we should look into keeping bees. At the price of the pail of honey through my co-op....it is worth buying right now. For now.

I made lots of mead that is still too young and reserved some to make one more recipe I want to try but haven't gotten around to yet. I use it in the little baking I do. It is great in cookies and cakes! And of course, in tea and such, to preserve the wonderful benefits of raw.

chandasue

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Only a quart?! I buy at least a gallon at a time, same thing with maple syrup. LOL

ENJOY!

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Would have bought a gallon, but only had enough in my pocket for a quart. Will be back for a gallon, or more a soon as I get back on my feet. Just found a great source for locallay raised beef, til I can get my own out on the pasture. Don't mind paying a bit more, if I know where it is coming from.